Skip to main content

Truck thrill

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #91904 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truck thrill
I think you blokes have got it all wrong....

Nothing beats having one of these under the hood.

If it's thrills you like, then nothing beats the thrill of finally getting one of these to start in the morning on less than 4 cans of Aerostart. That's also just where the real thrills begin! Imagine the thrill of rounding out every hill and slight rise at 12kph. They are a very unique engine that can produce the same amount of horsepower when they are either full revs or shut down.

If it's excitement you want - Imagine the excitement of looking into the rear view mirror each day only to see a roads authority vehicle in a haze of white smoke bellowing from your exhaust - wanting to pull you over.

Want to make new friends? Drive a Perkins on any road and you'll soon have people calling you up on the CB wanting to let you know what they think of you and your truck.

Jake brakes? Yep, factory fitted and permanently engaged at all times, even under acceleration (I'm using that term loosely)

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #91905 by Slimline871
Replied by Slimline871 on topic Re: Truck thrill
You blokes have got it all wrong!

There aint nuthin better than sittin on the side of the road at the 17 mile'r listin to the sound of a 6 cyl cummins grabbin a piston and spittin the better part of a liner down into the sump..! :D

What a feelin,
matter of fact, i've got it now..

&&1924 Hart-Parr Type 20&&1966 Chamberlain super 90&&1959 Twin City G-vi&amp

11 years 8 months ago #91906 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truck thrill

You blokes have got it all wrong!

There aint nuthin better than sittin on the side of the road at the 17 mile'r listin to the sound of a 6 cyl cummins grabbin a piston and spittin the better part of a liner down into the sump..! :D

That is really nasty.... :-/
903s at full song out of dual stacks is a tune that's hard to beat..
Probably why I'm mostly deaf nowadays too.
I've got a strange feeling we've gone done this unwinnable road before... :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #91907 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Truck thrill
LOL, don't worry 903 Cam, I reckon ol' scrawny is close enough to Choc's home for him to sort him out.

Any of you that are going to Echuca, roll up to the ATHS van and divest yourself of 15 bucks to spend on "Mud, Dust and Potholes" McDonald's Transport 1975 - 1984. There is some good footage in there. But if like the sweet sound of a GM getting driven in the correct manner, there is a bit in it of an Autocar with what I'd guess to be an 8V71 in it, straight through pipes and 2 trailers going through the hills, he's right up it, then on the Jakes. Sounds awesome. Probobly the best bit for me though is a little D5N with a 6V53 in it, 1 car up over the cab, then 6 cars on each trailer (two) behind it, 13 all up screaming up a jump up.

Hope I havn't spioled it for anyone by giving the plot away.

More
11 years 8 months ago #91908 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Truck thrill
Lindsay King, ex Batmobiles, reckoned he once had an in-cab recording of an 8V71-T KW Bat through the Putty.

Apparently long lost but that would be top o' the pops for me.

There was also a video taken of a Ghost doing it's thing through the Putty by one of the tire companies. Gary Darlington might know about it.

Reckon you'll be talking to those two blokes if you haven't already Cunning, ask them please.

More
11 years 8 months ago #91909 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Truck thrill

Not sure about the 71 or the Cummins i think a 3408 Cat with 3 trailers on going up the hills out of Concurry Qld is the sound i love Chappo

i think chappo is on the money for hard pulling :o , but if it comes to stirrin up the dust ;) :P

More
11 years 8 months ago #91910 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Truck thrill
and if you want some thumpin

what is there to say 8-)

More
11 years 8 months ago #91911 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Truck thrill

I think you blokes have got it all wrong....

Nothing beats having one of these under the hood.

If it's thrills you like, then nothing beats the thrill of finally getting one of these to start in the morning on less than 4 cans of Aerostart. That's also just where the real thrills begin! Imagine the thrill of rounding out every hill and slight rise at 12kph. They are a very unique engine that can produce the same amount of horsepower when they are either full revs or shut down.

If it's excitement you want - Imagine the excitement of looking into the rear view mirror each day only to see a roads authority vehicle in a haze of white smoke bellowing from your exhaust - wanting to pull you over.

Want to make new friends? Drive a Perkins on any road and you'll soon have people calling you up on the CB wanting to let you know what they think of you and your truck.

Jake brakes? Yep, factory fitted and permanently engaged at all times, even under acceleration (I'm using that term loosely)

What a pissed Outerstater! Love your work ;D
Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

More
11 years 8 months ago #91912 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Truck thrill
so true about the perkins..i remember years ago seeing a old farmer in a boggie butterbox acco with a D6 size dozer on the back ...he was going up a very slight incline with smoke p1ssing out the exhaust ...at least the smoke was a warning of things to come .. i remember having to hit the anchors on my truck (on the hume just out of Albury) it was impressive as my speedo needle stayed under 5kmh . . . im guessing that acco was powered by the mightly perkins ... :-X my favourite engine of all time ;)

More
11 years 8 months ago #91913 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: Truck thrill
If you think the perkins is gutless you want to try the international dv550b I have even thought of putting the 354 perkins out of my ab 180 into my acco just for a bit of low down torque

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds