Skip to main content

Truck thrill

More
11 years 8 months ago #91924 by murranji
Replied by murranji on topic Re: Truck thrill
There is only one sound better than a V8 MACK and that is a V8 MACK ...............

1979 mack r600 685 rs 1978 r700 797 rs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #91925 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truck thrill
GOTTA AGREE WITH U MURRANGIE
FIRST V8 I DROVE WAS AN OLD BMODEL CARTING LOGS NO BRAKES TEN TURNS OF THE WHEEL TO TAKE UP THE SLACK
BUT WHAT A TRUCK PULLED BETTER THAN 16 YRS OLD KID :D ;)

11 years 8 months ago #91926 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truck thrill
apolgies to one and all for leaving the cap locks on it must be that alizimmers again getting to me :o

More
11 years 8 months ago #91927 by Slasha
Replied by Slasha on topic Re: Truck thrill
From BigCam,

Any of you that are going to Echuca, roll up to the ATHS van and divest yourself of 15 bucks to spend on "Mud, Dust and Potholes" McDonald's Transport 1975 - 1984. There is some good footage in there. But if like the sweet sound of a GM getting driven in the correct manner, there is a bit in it of an Autocar with what I'd guess to be an 8V71 in it, straight through pipes and 2 trailers going through the hills, he's right up it, then on the Jakes. Sounds awesome. Probobly the best bit for me though is a little D5N with a 6V53 in it, 1 car up over the cab, then 6 cars on each trailer (two) behind it, 13 all up screaming up a jump up.

Will have my Computer & projector there for the Saturday night dinner with Sterio speakers, so some Vidios and photos' will be up on a big screen 8-) Mud, Dust & Potholes might get played :-/ Haulin' the Hume 2011 :-/ Crawlin' the Hume 2012 :-/ Plus others :o.

From Steveb
P5000 Diamond T with 653 GM climbing the divide (Old Hume) or pulling up Mt Slide, full loaded :D ahh the memories, although the ears feel better these days ;D

Personally the sound of the 903n in the little RoadBoss in her day sounded pritty good. Used to get her cracken :o
Hope to see you all at Echuca 8-)
Cheers
Slasha [smiley=beer.gif]

1974 White Road Boss

More
11 years 8 months ago #91928 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Truck thrill
Loved listening to the knockers coming thru the hills around Yass on a frosty morning, they were really crackin & they seemed to be coming for miles, or maybe it was that they were so slow it just seemed that way. cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #91929 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Truck thrill
for me it was a family friends diamond t with a super charged cummins

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by werkhorse.

More
11 years 8 months ago #91930 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Truck thrill
Had a crack at Gilby's Loadstar with 6/53 and listening to the whine coming up the gear stick in sympathy with the jimmy. Would have made a gay guy scream ;D
Arhh memories :)
Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

More
11 years 8 months ago #91931 by TRANSTAR.GM.
Replied by TRANSTAR.GM. on topic Re: Truck thrill
Detroit all the way ! :) :) :)

International 4070 & 4200 transtars&&International CO 9670&&International CO 400

More
11 years 8 months ago #91932 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Truck thrill

Loved listening to the knockers coming thru the hills around Yass on a frosty morning, they were really crackin & they seemed to be coming for miles, or maybe it was that they were so slow it just seemed that way. cya Tim ;)

Yep, must agree I'm a "knocker" fan myself. Nothing quite like the sweet sensation of knockers in the ears! ::) ::)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 8 months ago #91933 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Truck thrill
Bugly, Bugly, Bugly, I think we're on different "wave lengths" here. As my good lady would tell me you're dreamin old boy. But I like you're line of thinking. ;D ;D :o ::)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds