Skip to main content

Truck thrill

More
11 years 8 months ago #91914 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Truck thrill
the old neuss motors need a hairdryer bolted to them ...even the "lowly" D358 becomes a Carl Lewis when its turboed ..although the DV550 does have a bad rep for other things ~ :-[~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #91915 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: Truck thrill
I don't know why you all pick on the poor old Perkadyne,in the 1960s they were as good amoney making engine as was available at the time. Even though it would make your hair stand on end ,when fuelling up at Gilgandra,to hear Machetti's white comming south flat out with the 6V53 in the govenors.Reminded Slasher of it the other day

More
11 years 8 months ago #91916 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Truck thrill

Reckon you'll be talking to those two blokes if you haven't already Cunning, ask them please.

Don't give the game away Jimbo ::)

There's a mate of mine who lives in Canberra, a few of you would know him, and he has taken the trouble of recording 2-stroke engines and putting them on disc. They sound great

And the best one?? No, not a knocker, it's a 2 stroke Foden of all things. Sounds Phenomenal!!!

I'd reckon VicHung would agree ;)

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 8 months ago #91917 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Truck thrill
I have to admit I was not terribly sure of Graham's sanity when he said they were great sounds to set the mood when doing the business. No doubting his enthusiasm but sanity, yes. ;D

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
11 years 8 months ago #91918 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Truck thrill
:-?well............... we need a copy of this RRRRR UM so called disc :D

More
11 years 8 months ago #91919 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Truck thrill
Ya gotta hand it to Outerstater Stew, he nailed the Perkins in one... except for the wind.

I Got all excited today and fitted the mighty ACCO's new preprimed brake master cylinder (no bleeding needed.) Cranked her over for about ??? hours then lotsa smoke and noise... got her moving, and then it hit me... no not the head wind, the bloody gale blowing through the cab from those non-existant gaps, holes and cracks... Were all trucks back then specially built draughty to toughen the drivers and keep em awake? :o :D

Brakes need bleeding :-/ :'( :-/

My vote is 8v71 backing off on the gears coming up the hill to Jenny's at Nhill...

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 8 months ago #91920 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Truck thrill

And the best one?? No, not a knocker, it's a 2 stroke Foden of all things. Sounds Phenomenal!!!

I'd reckon VicHung would agree ;)

Vic does agree! While I love the sound of any of the GMs or a TS3, I actually think the Foden was even better. To hear a fully loaded Foden being wound up through the Foden 12-speed gearbox was something to make your hair stand on end, I can tell you.

11 years 8 months ago #91921 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truck thrill
OK YESS I ALLSO LOVE THE SOUND OF THOSE OLD JIMMEYS IN FULL WORKING MODE I STILL HAVE A V671 2400 REV MOTOR REALLY MAKES THE HAIR STAND UP
BUT MY VOTE GOES FOR THOSE V8 MACK MOTORS IN FULL HARNESS WITH 2 OR 3 DOGS HOOKED UP WITH 2 STACKS BANGING AWAY EVEN BY TODAYS STANDARDS A GREAT MOTOR EVEN BETTER SITING IN THE SEAT USING THE SIRRING STICK :D :D

More
11 years 8 months ago #91922 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Truck thrill

BUT MY VOTE GOES FOR THOSE V8 MACK MOTORS IN FULL HARNESS WITH 2 OR 3 DOGS HOOKED UP WITH 2 STACKS BANGING AWAY :D :D

Mine Too, Just about put a Horn on a Jellyfish ;) ;)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 8 months ago #91923 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: Truck thrill
Kindon station used to have a R ? model International with a 6-53 and an auto box on the right mornings I could hear it coming constantly up and down the gears for nearly an hour before it would come past our place In those days they would fill the trailer to overflowing with wheat to Millmerran silos . Lill & Alexanders once brought in 106 tonne in one load from Kindon. Another farmer out that way had the engine come out while pulling up one of the steep pinches with a very overloaded International truck

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds