[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9117 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Iz th@ right
swishy,

cart diesel, load out of gladstone, deliver to moura, blackwater, emerald and surrounds. all one drop loads, that unit there can carry 52000lt and gross at 64.5t.
i got it in may 05 new and was given a k108 in august 08. it had 1.2million on it then. the company still has it.
engine: cummins isx 500
gearbox 18rr
diffs 46-160 4.56 ratio
the trailers were new in march 05 and now have about 1.7million on them.
there are 3 drivers to the truck, it goes 7 days a week, on one day shift it stays in the yard and the driver washes the lot and it gets serviced.
i will get some pics of the k108 at the mine sites next lot of day shifts

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 10 months ago #9118 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Iz th@ right

Paul
Thanx 4 the info
Q: how reliable is the 'Drive by wire' computer crap
I've heard its the little things th@ let U down
have u hand any/many problems
as in computer codes th@ only allow U to run in limp home mode etc

InquirinMindsNeed2No

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 10 months ago #9119 by paul404
on the whole electronic engines are very reliable. i havent had too many problems at all with them. just the turbo overspeed sensor a few times would turn the check engine light on and d-rate the engine slightly but you could still work it no problems. the main problems are still mechanical, ie: starter motors 300000k if your lucky, alternators 350000 if your lucky, turbos change them every 400000 or they will explode. the cummins engines burn oil like its fuel, first 200000 ok then goes down hill from there, the detroits were alot better as far as oil consumption goes, but mr arrogant kenworth dont supply them as an option no more.they opted for the pussy cat and cummins but i believe the cats have been flattened and will no longer be available soon. so if ya want a kenworth i hope you like cummins, oh might pay to buy some shares in an oil refinery?

More
14 years 10 months ago #9120 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Iz th@ right
Hi Paul,It wasn't you that the crane collected the trailer on hansen road a while ago.? I was at air cleaners just after it happened.I dare say the crane driver had some explaining to do. ian.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9121 by paul404
no mate it wasn't me, im sure he had alot of explaining to do. they repaired that trailer. i loaded about an hour in front of him so it was close enough for me. do you live in gladstone?

More
14 years 10 months ago #9122 by ianoz
Hi paul,No not in gladstone,out at wurdong hts. Where are you ?.Was up round rocky way on sunday looking at a mates collection. Was nearly going to try to get hold of you and come and vist .ian.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9123 by paul404
im just out of rocky at bouldercombe. if your up this way give me a yell no problems

More
14 years 10 months ago #9124 by ianoz
Hi paul, we were out there to see if we could see the allis chalmers hd5 that was for sale in the trading post..Little bit ,well really a lot more than we wanted to spend on one,at $12000..Allways ready to give an old crawler tractor a good home ,if you know of any.ian.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9125 by paul404
there is an old dozer sitting in a paddock on the gladstone side of biloela. its this side of the piggery right on top of the hill where the parking bay is. there is an old brick house run down and heaps of rubbish there. i look at it everytime i go past it. you would probably have to find a farmer around there to tell you who owns it. it probably between a d2 and d4 as far as size goes. i dont know what make it is but it looks like it needs a good home. you wouldnt happen to own a float with ramps would you?

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds