Desperately needing Inter 282 engine specs

More
13 years 6 months ago #35922 by Acco1810B
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NICSON-2X1-INTER...&hash=item27afdd9f62

Take a look at this on fleabay , mate . Might give you some ideas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #35923 by kennymopar2
thats a reasonable price esp with the aussie bannana $ the way it is at the moment .. sometimes the aussie twin carb manifolds for the 282 6cyl motor come up . . just have to be patient

More
13 years 5 months ago #35924 by cobba

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NICSON-2X1-INTER...&hash=item27afdd9f62

Take a look at this on fleabay , mate . Might give you some ideas

Had a good look at that manifold. Looks the goods but I don't think it would fit my engine. The lugs on the 2 outside mount flanges seem to be different to mine. Maybe from an earlier model engine.
All too late I'm affraid. I have modified mine so far now that I doubt anyone would be able to identify it as havine ever been on an International.
Went from this

To this.

Then to the machine shop and came back like this.

Had to do some more internal welding after I got it back as they ran into the air chambers when doing the 38mm rebates.

Then I hacked away the base and sides and any unwanted lugs to remove anything that wasn't needed any more and finished up with this.

Motor is as good as ready to go in now. Just need to sort out a few more fittings and will be back in next weekend some time I hope.

More
13 years 5 months ago #35925 by kennymopar2
youve done well to modify one of those manifolds to accept a holley ... well done mate i bet you cant wait to get the motor back in !

More
13 years 5 months ago #35926 by cobba

youve done well to modify one of those manifolds to accept a holley ... well done mate i bet you cant wait to get the motor back in !

Looks good thru a camera lens with 4 coats of VHT silver on it Kenny but there's a lot of gouge marks from the grinder where I couldn't get into have a proper go at it (and a lot of lumps and bumps in those places too).

I'll tell you one thing for nuthin. If I had my time again I would have built it from scratch using steam pipe elbows and tees. I reckon it would have been just as effective cost and time wise if not less.

I gunna have a go at sticking it back in tomorrow if it's not raining. Straight after church has finished :-X :-?

More
13 years 5 months ago #35927 by kennymopar2
you got a lot further than i ever did with my inter manifold ! i was halfway there then sort of gave up thinking it was pointless . . . but youve proved that wrong !

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds