Skip to main content

903 Cummins performance - In the Day

More
10 years 2 months ago #136623 by Chocs
You wanna re check ya code book Newto..
Go down the page a bit more.. Express section..
Check out the SPT-6-73-Rev2 for LB3300..... or CH3300

While ya fishin though the old toolbox..
Have a look for a packet of blue springs with the yellow stripe and the pink dot.
The dot goes to the bottom as i think they were spirally graduated..

Runnin late specs start at 2800 don't they? :-/

Don't be shy...

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #136624 by newto
ahh chocs,

I bet you thought you had me????

that Service Parts Topic was superseded by revision number 3

More
10 years 2 months ago #136625 by Slasha
Hmm
Might have go to Interland for a tune up one day ;)
The old girl (v903n) use to crack in her day when I was working her :D

Slasha

1974 White Road Boss

More
10 years 2 months ago #136626 by paulc20
Hi Fellas
All that code stuff sounds interesting, can we have a translation into plain english please.

The rating on mine according to the plate on the truck is 320@2600. Does this mean high idle is set at 2700 - 2800?

The Jake label says to run at governed revs for maximum braking, is that high idle? Why do people keep telling me the 903 is unreliable in the valve gear, is that true?

Is the 903 related to what I think is a V300, out of an army amphibious vehicle? It looks similar, but valve covers look more rounded.

Thanks
Paul

More
10 years 2 months ago #136627 by dieseldog
Paul, generally speaking the governed or rated rpm is the speed of the engine under full load. High idle is the fastest speed at which the engine will run under no load. Full load is usually determined by loading the engine up, from full noise, untill the revs drop back a bit eg 100-300 rpm. When the revs drop back past this point, the engine is considered overloaded. DD

More
10 years 2 months ago #136628 by bongobob mc licence
hey yas all know wat at tha end of tha day by tha time newey n every body else finished fuking around wif em all tha 903 natural was 295 300 at 26oo tha 903 t was 300 350 at 2400 n then sum body droped tha button by 10 , meaning if it had a 27 in it ya put a 17 in it put a ring pull of tha ol coke cans in tha shims n giv tha spring a good strech put it all bak together n drove tha ring out of it ow yer ya gig tha shaft screw 2 to tha left n closed tha bonnet over n that my frends was called a parking bay tune up n tha ol 903 was tha only one tough enough to take that kinda abuse fuel was cheap then ;D

More
10 years 2 months ago #136629 by bongobob mc licence
hey yas all know wat at tha end of tha day by tha time newey n every body else finished fuking around wif em all tha 903 natural was 295 300 at 26oo tha 903 t was 300 350 at 2400 n then sum body droped tha button by 10 , meaning if it had a 27 in it ya put a 17 in it put a ring pull of tha ol coke cans in tha shims n giv tha spring a good strech put it all bak together n drove tha ring out of it ow yer ya gig tha shaft screw 2 to tha left n closed tha bonnet over n that my frends was called a parking bay tune up n tha ol 903 was tha only one tough enough to take that kinda abuse fuel was cheap then ;D

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #136630 by Chocs
Get the allen key and the washers out Newto....
These are the ones ya need for the job..
No stetchin the spring..just pick the length ya need..
The pressure will be up and on.. :D

chocs 8-)

[IMG

More
10 years 2 months ago #136631 by jimbo51
I painted some springs red, coz you know red is the fastest!

Didn't make any difference..... :(

More
10 years 2 months ago #136632 by Chocs
Its the stripe Jimbo..its the stripe..
That's what makes em fast..
Imagine Red springs with a yellow stripe...
You'd fit a Perspex cover just to look at em..

chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds