the ol 4 strokers need evry color U can get .............+ sum

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #136634 by newto
gee sus chocs you're getting deeper into the technical poo now!!
ok,granted the spirally graduated pink dot springs did some amazing things when used with the CH3300 code

More
10 years 2 months ago #136635 by jimbo51
Don't forget to mention the negative exponential relationship between power output and engine life newto :o

More
10 years 2 months ago #136636 by newto
fuuuuuucccckkkkkk jimbo

More
10 years 2 months ago #136637 by paulc20
According to my engine serial numbers, the original engine in my K145 was built at Columbia Engine Plant (CEP), 28 June 1974 as a V-903 3 320. The current engine is also CEP, built 9 July 1980 as a VT300. I don't what is was rebuilt as but it is not turboed now.

Was the VT300 designed as a lower revving economy engine, 300 @ 2400?

Paul

More
10 years 2 months ago #136638 by newto
paul,
all 903's were built in Columbus,Indianna (CEP) which is the original Cummins factory & also world headquarters for Cummins.
If the current engine started life as a turbo 300 but now its non turbo the likely reason is that it was stripped down for parts at some time and then the block was used to repair a non turbo engine.
the silver tag on the fuel pump should give you the fuel code to see what hp its set at.
VT300's were mainly a fleet engine,derated on the fuel pump to give better fuel economy.

newto

More
10 years 2 months ago #136639 by paulc20
Hi newto. I have found a blue tag on the pump, the numbers appear to be:
0126 2989 then B or R, the next line has GB-712.

Does that mean anything?
Thanks
Paul

[IMG

More
10 years 2 months ago #136640 by HEOFTHEHUM
Hang on, i thought, to get true performance the springs had to be chromed first, then painted to allow proper flow to the mpi so the angle of impedence was correct?
Any how nothing against 903s, most of the ones I came in contact with sounded like they were running on 7 cylinders, like an old 318 with chewed out cam lobes.
But, seriously the best naturally aspirated one was in a Louie owned by a guy called the SNAKE, christ that thing could go! :D

More
10 years 2 months ago #136641 by newto

Hi newto. I have found a blue tag on the pump, the numbers appear to be:
0126 2989 then B or R, the next line has GB-712.

Does that mean anything?
Thanks
Paul

paul,
cpl126 is a common standard non turbo V903 rated at 295hp

More
10 years 2 months ago #136642 by newto

Hang on, i thought, to get true performance the springs had to be chromed first, then painted to allow proper flow to the mpi so the angle of impedence was correct?
Any how nothing against 903s, most of the ones I came in contact with sounded like they were running on 7 cylinders, like an old 318 with chewed out cam lobes.
But, seriously the best naturally aspirated one was in a Louie owned by a guy called the SNAKE, christ that thing could go! :D

maaaate,
the chrome front axle springs disguised under paint definitely worked in the louie's

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds