Skip to main content

1959 Dodge

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168393 by S Burns
1959 Dodge was created by S Burns
Hi

I'm new to this just wanted to put up a photo of my 1959 Dodge (I'm pretty sure that's the year). I would appreciate any input into what anyone has to tell me about them. It has original motor and gear box. Its in pretty good condition a few rust spots that wont be too hard to fix. I intend to put in on full rego and use as much as possible.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by hayseed. Reason: inserted Pics..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168402 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic 1959 Dodge
S Burns nice Dodge ute you have there, I think you didn't insert the attachment, you shoud be able to fix it by editing the post and insert there I hope.
Hayseed has posted a photo of one of those Dodges in the 3rd Annual Harden historic Truck and tractor event but it has a ute back

Colin

http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/709/thumb

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 1 month ago #168408 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 1959 Dodge
Gudday and welcome good looking ute you have there

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 1 month ago #168413 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic 1959 Dodge
Sounds pretty right on the year. I have a 1952 three tonner and there are a few others in the club.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168423 by fargofan
Replied by fargofan on topic 1959 Dodge
Sorry S Burns but it is not a 1959 model - it may have been sold in 1959 but is earlier that that. If you can provide the details from the tags on the firewall I can try to narrow it down for you. For example the model code should be along these lines: "108CD". What sort are info are you chasing? :unsure:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by fargofan.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168449 by S Burns
Replied by S Burns on topic 1959 Dodge
Hi Fargofan

I will have a look at the tags over the weekend and get back to you. I have the rego papers which will also have some details. On the rego papers it says 1959 model. Every time I look at photos and try and compere I notice small differences!!
Not being a mechanic or in the game I was just looking at where to get parts such as new ( solid Core) leads, points, brake parts and bushes for the suspension etc. for rego as I will have to have a blue slip rego check.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168462 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic 1959 Dodge
Nice Pickup Burnsy those pilot house cabs were good lookers plenty of good quality chrome and stainless steel

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
8 years 1 month ago #168473 by Tired Iron
Replied by Tired Iron on topic 1959 Dodge
Sorry Folks-off topic.
Why are these called pilot house cabs?
Cheers

More
8 years 1 month ago #168474 by Tired Iron
Replied by Tired Iron on topic 1959 Dodge
Meant to add-
Good find S Burns-like Mairjimmy said-nice old ute

More
8 years 1 month ago #168477 by S Burns
Replied by S Burns on topic 1959 Dodge
Thanks oldgmc
Tired Iron, the ute has been parked up for the last 5 years, but all still good. From what I have read the pilothouse was a dodge promotion referring to the good vision provided by the curved windscreen and the 3 rear windows

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds