Skip to main content

heggie's transport

More
5 years 2 months ago #198706 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: heggie's transport

Standen wrote: Thank's for that. I try google for info on the old transport companies but never find too much.

Believe me... It ain't easy at all to find info on transport companies.... I've been lucky so far with my articles in VT&C MAG in getting direct access to family/owners

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #200806 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: heggie's transport

werkhorse wrote:

Standen wrote: Thank's for that. I try google for info on the old transport companies but never find too much.

Believe me... It ain't easy at all to find info on transport companies.... I've been lucky so far with my articles in VT&C MAG in getting direct access to family/owners

There is now a Heggie's Transport Facebook group that is well worth a look . Make sure that you also view the albums and not just the main page of photos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Standen, werkhorse

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202507 by xspanrman
Leyland Hippo coal trucks worked at Lithgow before being scrapped

I am not sure if the AEC worked as a tipper or on flat top work.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
4 years 4 months ago #204954 by xspanrman
I am trying to find the chassis numbers for the first 6 W Kenworths that were delivered to Heggie's Transport in 1971 and early 1972 the last 2 were delivered in 1972. I have been told that the first 4 were about the 50th to 60th trucks that were made in Australia. My mate checked with a KW dealer who said if he could produce a chassis number it would be easy to correctly identify who the truck was made for. I was hoping someone had a list of the first 100 Kenworths made in Australia with chassis numbers and owners names.
The photo is of the first 4 Heggie's Kenworths at Bellambi yard in 1971
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago #204956 by werkhorse
Got all that info here.... Just give me a few minute to type it all out

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #204957 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic heggie's transport
400054 W925 Heggies Transport NSW 1/06/1971
400055 W925 Heggies Transport NSW 1/06/1971
400056 W925 Heggies Transport NSW 1/06/1971
400057 W925 Heggies Transport NSW 1/06/1971
400058 W925 Heggies Transport NSW 1/06/1971
400059 W925 Heggies Transport NSW 1/06/1971

Those dates are Sold dates not delivery dates.... So delivery would have been late in 71 and early 72

Next lot were SARs up around 402320... About 1977

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by werkhorse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz, xspanrman

More
4 years 4 months ago #204967 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic heggie's transport
Thanks Werkhorse. My mate has been trying to get these chassis numbers for a while. I caught up with him and one of Heggie's SAR's at Cleary Bros in 2019.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, roKWiz, werkhorse

More
4 years 2 months ago #206468 by xspanrman

Spiffy wrote: This W model F700 is describing was one of two sold by Heggies to T.S.Green Tpt in maybe 1980 or '81.

Following their aquisition by Chemtrans shortly after, it was repainted in yellow with a blue band which is the undercolour

F700 has found.

I bought it from Chemtrans in about '83 and have had it up until passing it on to the current owner.

It is w925 specs (with jakes) and the heavier diffs described by xspanrman in reply #17 .It was always a no nonsense hard

working old girl for me.

The serial no listed by f700 is one stamped into the left hand rail just rearward of the extension .

While this No. was legit and kosher by the RTA as far back as their records went, as pointed out by Detective it was

incorrect in relation to the build data.I was never concerned with the anomolly myself , but a bit of scratching and emory

cloth in the right place would reveal the girls true identity no doubt.

I seem to recall that the second of these two trucks suffered a serious misshap and IIRC may have finished her days at Gleemans

The lower picture from the Richard Mohr collection in post #14 by Swishy would be very representative of the truck , fresh ex Heggies.

In fact should it actually be one of these I would be betting on the one closest to camera, in relation to the position of the KW badge and the blue bonnet lining

I can recall the hole in the guards which would have been about where the driving lights are mounted. Im unsure if all of the six trucks mentioned had these though. also ,the cab lights fitted in this picture seem an older style to the ones fitted to my old girl.

Spiffy

Had a chance to check this KW with another ex Heggie's mechanic Terry Sperring . We both agree that it was one of Heggie's original 6 KW's. Photos by me and Terry. At the moment it is NOT FOR SALE.
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago #206475 by werkhorse
Chassis number would confirm ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

More
4 years 2 days ago #208977 by xspanrman
I heard that Heggie's Carrier's Leyland Number Oneis moving to K ans S, Scott Corp Headquarters in Melbourne
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds