Skip to main content

Dodge Paper Trucks.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85306 by Max Cady
Replied by Max Cady on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
Sorry about the convoluted posts everyone.

Many thanks to Greg for the ripping pics and articles above.

"I refuse to become a member of any club that would accept me as a member'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85307 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
G,day , why was the dodge the prefered truck used as paper trucks ?

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #85308 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
g'day Max Cady .. thank you and greg wright for these extremely interesting photo's...

.. painting trucks for mcquarrie's in campbellfield in the late 'eighties and early 'nineties, and all the old pronto UD CM 80'S were traded on the N1630 ud/inters... and they still had those aluminium sided bodies from those earlier days...

turbo with straight out pipe, five speed and very tall gearing...but all nailed together to make a very smooth truck

....pretty sure pronto went on to become starlight express...still then a thurwood company....cheers

More
11 years 10 months ago #85309 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
They were light and fast and those little 318s had a big heart. Dad said the AT4 with 318 5 speed and 2 speed diff would do 60-70mph loaded (more often overloaded) no worries. Said how but at speed you needed both hands on the wheel and you passed everything but the servo.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85310 by greg wright
Replied by greg wright on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
Dodges were the preferred truck to use on paper delivery as they were the quickest truck straight off the production line compared to others of the same size .

More
11 years 10 months ago #85311 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
if they had used leylands by the time the paper got delivered it would be old news ? .. interestingly they didnt used the international trucks? ...did you paper truck boys ever cop many speeding tickets i can remember in the 80s the UD paper trucks would fly past me (130kmh?)in the wee hours of the morning but i never seen one pulled over ...

More
11 years 10 months ago #85312 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
Hey Kenny,

Has this been to your House Yet????

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 10 months ago #85313 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

if they had used leylands by the time the paper got delivered it would be old news ? .. interestingly they didnt used the international trucks? ...did you paper truck boys ever cop many speeding tickets i can remember in the 80s the UD paper trucks would fly past me (130kmh?)in the wee hours of the morning but i never seen one pulled over ...

Hey Kenny, now that's a very interesting question, but up here in Brisvegas, it would NEVER have happened.

The Courier Mail is delivered by road to Rockhampton, by a small company that originates from Gympie, but the drivers, er, drovers, came from Brisbane.

Now for the good bit, these drovers were mostly OFF DUTY COPPERS, don't think one of 'em ever got a ticket in the thirty odd years of whilst I was on the road.

Could you imagine the ruckus, is some fool even dared to stop one of them bullets, you only heard 'em, hardly ever saw 'em and if you did and they were approaching you, well the headlights looked like a pair of them MIN MIN lights, just floating above the ground and bouncing all over the place. You only got a good look at these lights for just a couple of seconds before their wind tossed you over into the rough stuff.

Can vividly remember the Scanias they had for about 20 yrs, they were 140 series single drive with very tall gearing and they had a low ally body on the back.
$HIT, them things were BL@@DY quick and stuck to the road like $hit to a blanket, can still see 'em on two feet when cornering and me in a coach, scrambling for the dirt.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
11 years 10 months ago #85314 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

Hey Kenny,

Has this been to your House Yet????

sure has a little girl 6lb11 shes almost 2 weeks old now ... it good to know even a guy my age is firing on both barrells :D

More
11 years 10 months ago #85315 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
Well done Mate......

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds