Skip to main content

Dodge Paper Trucks.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85326 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

Congrats, Kenny. I envy you knowing what is to come. Our first is 15 weeks on Thursday and I've already had palpatations about the teenage years. :o

have to admit andy having a young one around is almost as good as tinkering with a old truck ... both ways you need to grit your teeth & hold back the swearing lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85327 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
Billy Connell from Footscray used to run Dodge's (690's I think) on overnight and they used to go like the clappers.I have been scared out of my wits many a time,as you didn't even see them come up behind you,then they were gone just as quick.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85328 by kenny-mopar
yeah i think the dodge 690s were the quickest truck from the factory in Oz back in the day ...mine done 70mph without trying ...& back in the day when trucks were only allowed 50mph... i guess having a 2 speed diff helped with the high cruising speed

More
11 years 10 months ago #85329 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
hanging the papers out the winow always worked to get the constabulary off the tail .final effort was to drop the papers.All the fuzz like to get the latest news before anyone else

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 10 months ago #85330 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

Me thort way back when
TH@ U didn't need no Log books ifn U're truck twaz under a certain weight n th@'z where the Dodge fell into line coz it twaz under the weight for log books

But
EyeDoSt&2BCorrected
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 10 months ago #85331 by kenny-mopar
nsw was required lie books for 13.9 ton gvm & over back then ? (queensland was 4 ton Tare weight & over?) ...the 690 dodges were around 11.5ton gvm & i guess with a light tray could be taken just under 4 ton tare weight :o

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 10 months ago #85332 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

KennyMP
Gudday M8
did they then alter the law to say any vehicle with duel wheels??
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 10 months ago #85333 by kenny-mopar
just about lol ...im pretty sure at one stage in qld buses doing long distance didnt need log books ....

More
11 years 10 months ago #85334 by greg wright
Replied by greg wright on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
When i drove paper trucks in NSW Sydney a log book was required for anything over 2 ton tare weight outside a radius of 50 miles from depot , i think i only filled it out once for many years , they were 15 shillings each then $1.50 , if your tare was under 3 ton you could legally do the same speed as cars , so when empty you could cruise home at 60 MPH , but we used to stick to 50 MPH and save fuel , not much difference time wise , we only ever ran STANDARD fuel in 318 and 361 motors and by adjusting the timing so that it started to ping on heavy load they were most economical , another thing was to keep a constant eye on the point gap , nylon rubbing blocks on points are CRAP , FIBRE rubbing blocks last longer between adjustments . If i could turn back time , MEMORIES .

More
11 years 6 months ago #85335 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
A bloke who worked for my dad in the late seventies in Sydney told me he used to drive Dodge paper trucks through central handing the rolled up papers to the coppers out through the window on the run, he also said the trucks were lowered and ran shockers some had 4bbls and extractors

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds