Skip to main content

Dodge Paper Trucks.

More
11 years 6 months ago #85346 by clarkie383
Replied by clarkie383 on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
It was only 10-12 yrs ago the paper trucks were still fast,over here anyway.
For us breadcarters our night was 10hrs flat if we wound it up to 125-130.
145 going downhill into Cevantes if you didnt back off.
At 100 the night ran out to 12 hrs.
3 yrs and not one speeding ticket.
Back into paint fumes now so those times are long gone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #85347 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
I remember the step tanks on the 360 would take 100 gallons from Mt Gambier to Adelaide on a good night with a low load, 20 ton of spuds, then another 80 to 100 gallons back home with the general freight.
Gilly

More
11 years 6 months ago #85348 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

I remember the step tanks on the 360 would take 100 gallons from Mt Gambier to Adelaide on a good night with a low load, 20 ton of spuds, then another 80 to 100 gallons back home with the general freight.
Gilly

.... and thats why in those daze the truck stops would give you a free coffee ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #85349 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
Clarkie404
I remember when Sunicrust had the 650 Isuzu's
No limiters, 130 easy, No tickets either! And the Dodge's of Trio Transport. Would round the last M.A.N of IPEC up before the border!!! And that was before the Freeway was built. :o :o :o

11 years 6 months ago #85350 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
i have a 77 d5n 600 with the car 360 chrysler car moter with 318 truck heds on top with 360 valves and 318 inlet manifold and normal carbie extractors 5 speed box 2 speed diff and 11r tyres seen the speed wind it selve off then start to go up the other side mr man in blue in his togo cruiser was left in the dust but turned up here that afternoon trying to say it was doing over 180 klicks gave me a piece of blue paper to appear before the beak he was doing ok in court till he said how fast the old lady was going then the beak started to laugh :D threw it out of court said no old dodge was that quick but really gave me a big lecture oh well i was happy to escape with my license in my pocket will ask my dragon to take some pics its still a great looking truck

11 years 6 months ago #85351 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
oh if any one doughts how fast this old lady is im happy to give them a ride ;Dbut bring a spare pare undies and trousers pay up u life insureance

More
11 years 5 months ago #85352 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.

if they had used leylands by the time the paper got delivered it would be old news ? .. interestingly they didnt used the international trucks? ...did you paper truck boys ever cop many speeding tickets i can remember in the 80s the UD paper trucks would fly past me (130kmh?)in the wee hours of the morning but i never seen one pulled over ...

You probably noticed that every police station we passed got their papers thrown into tthe front yard,and it was not unusual to have a paddy wagon or patrol car pull up along side of you, as soon as you handed them a few papers they where on their way.Enough said?

More
11 years 5 months ago #85353 by waynestr
If my memory serves me well, Col Sinclair in 1968? had a Commer (or maybe Dodge D2F, same thing), with a V6 GM. Not only looked impressive, with the cab jacked up to accomodate the V6, but sounded great as well. I drove a quick 5 series Dodge 361 with 5 speed and 2 speed on the Overnight Syd to Melb, and it rounded me up like I was nailed to the wall. Not sure but it may have been a twin steer.

More
11 years 4 months ago #85354 by waynestr
Dodge 5 series I drove on the overnite, Syd Melb. Syd Adelaide. Syd Bris. for a subbie out of Comet Sydney in the late 60s. From memory I used to get $20 a night with $5 bonus to be in Melb by 0900hrs, Bris by 1000hrs and Adelaide by 1400 hrs. Good money at the time. I could be wrong with the exact amount but pretty close I think.

More
11 years 4 months ago #85355 by oldbugger
Replied by oldbugger on topic Re: Dodge Paper Trucks.
1972/3 semi, Sydney Brisbane and return $100 $20 expenses, Sydney Melbourne and return $86 $20 expenses.

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds