Skip to main content

CAB OVER WHITE ( The angry ant )

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #106631 by Mairjimmy
Danny sent you a PM

Or you can go to Forum section and read there about posting photo ( but if you are like me a computer dummy ) get a kid to show you ;) :D ;) ;)
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Mairjimmy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #106632 by Danny
Alright got there in the end with the photo upload, have written it all down as it weren't exactly a straightforward procedure and virtually no chance of me remembering ..! Cheers Colin for the point down the right track.

Does anyone know if this is the T line the Angry Ant was traded in for?

More
9 years 6 months ago #106633 by 82cabover
I don't think that's it Danny his has always had a matching borcat dog and the truck has his R A black n white plates im sure I have seen him this year but his t line is that model with the double grill, by the way I don't ever recall seeing that dog in your pic is that from down the coast ? cheers col.

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 6 months ago #106634 by Danny
Yeah Col, it was my old man's, based at Wollongong concrete plant. We used to do a lot out of Bass Point up to Sydney in it too though, Wallgrove, Penrith, Blackwattle Bay and all. That was mid to late 80s and as far as I know there was only the two T line and dogs being operated by Pioneer in the south east at the time, this one and the Nowra based one. Both bought new and spec'd with 15sp RR and 320 Cummins opened up to 350. Dad only had it a few years and the company took it away and gave him an LTL9000 and tri-axle dog.

More
9 years 6 months ago #106635 by 82cabover
ok well that maybe the truck then and might have changed the dog im lookin for a pic I know I have but if I spot him ill try for a quick snappy mate.

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 6 months ago #106636 by Danny
Contacted the old man yesterday and he says that it's a different truck. Apparently Wallgrove bought a T line a bit later on and that's the one the Angry Ant was traded in for. He says the bloke's name was Bobby Attard, and he sold the T line and retired a couple of years ago.

More
9 years 6 months ago #106637 by Arthur U
Hi, This is my first posting on this forum. I'm a kiwi ( wont mention the rugby) who grew up in a small Waikato town. My father owned a logging, trucking, heavy haulage business from the 2nd world war untill the early '70's. His trucks were mostly Whites, two of which were the cab over 7000 series. If I can, I'll post a few old photos of the trucks. All the whites had the old mustang 6 replaced with 671 GM's, from Valentine tanks (I think).

oops might have to downsize my photos I think.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/16d475a0-f7b0-4919-b6ab-2d5710478b5e.jpg?t=1414978124

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #106638 by Arthur U
A photo of all 6 whites. The long nose white on the right of pic had a 6/71, The next in was about to get a gimmy fitted. The 'old gray' in the middle was a 1948 model. She kept the petrol motor and was really a spare truck. The white on the left had a 180hp v8 cummins fitted. No end of trouble with that one.

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Arthur U.

More
9 years 6 months ago #106639 by geoffb
See that

The white on the left had a 180hp v8 cummins fitted. No end of trouble with that one.

More
9 years 6 months ago #106640 by asw120
Arthur, your photos come up perfectly on my machine. They're great photos.

The rugby - I do standby on the lifts at Suncorp Stadium some weeks. I got to watch the Bledisloe cup match. All we had to do was get it off you and kick it out :'(
Good thing I don't actually follow the footy ;D

Cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds