Skip to main content

CAB OVER WHITE ( The angry ant )

More
9 years 7 months ago #106621 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks for bumping it. I'm almost positive that the truck now resides in Deniliquin. Jake Brake will know for sure

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
9 years 7 months ago #106622 by BillyP

The modified lewey hauled for AZTEC out of the old Blue Metal & Gravel yard at Greystanes Rd Prospect.

Now the Angry Ant (but i could be wrong) was first cartin out of BM & G , where Tony Attard was in

charge of the snake pit (Engine recon section)

I assume after that ,it then was cartin for Pioneer Quarries

I think that was the situation....BUT....
.................Billy.................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
9 years 7 months ago #106623 by olddon
re the angry ant Billy P ,you are dead right .It started carting out of Prospect quarry for BM&G then changed colour to Pioneer Green and was carting out of Penrith quarry .It was really something to hear it marching up Pennant Hills road on its way to Thornleigh plant.

9 years 7 months ago #106624 by
Its a fair while ago but I think the White was re powered with a V635T and maybe replaced with a T line I could be wrong tho. As with the BMG and pioneer quarries we carted out of the big holes in the ground. And now we cart fill to fill the massive holes back up again......

[IMG

More
9 years 7 months ago #106625 by 82cabover
im fairly sure he bought one of pioneers t lines with a 2 axle dog after the ant......

livin the dream oldskool is cool

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
9 years 7 months ago #106626 by BillyP

Re the Angry ant & the BM & G White

oops Just had it on good authority that they were indeed diffrent trucks.

so there you go. ..............Billy..............

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
9 years 7 months ago #106627 by olddon
Not very often I am right Billy P but obviously that time i was wrong. It is just that the white trailer on the Pioneer one has a very BMG look about it,and no doubt that you would know, all BMG trailers were built by Howard Engineering which was a part of BMI.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #106628 by Jake Brake
The BMG White 3000 was once owned by Les Farrow.

White the greatest name in trucks.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Jake Brake.

More
9 years 7 months ago #106629 by Zoomtopz
Remember the "Angry Ant" well , yes it was a Pioneer quarries tipper as pics show . There used to be one at Bendemeer as well , on interstate in th early 70s.
I used to think my Aboods "Butter Box" Foden was small.

Zoomie

More
9 years 6 months ago #106630 by Danny
I do have a vague memory of seeing the Pioneer White one time, maybe when I was out at Penrith quarry loading with dad in the 1980s.

Re the T line and dog, I'm pretty sure Pioneer only ever bought the two and they ran one out of Wollongong plant and the other out of Nowra driven by Col. Dad (Deak) drove the one out of Wollongong from brand new, good truck and went well with the 320 Cummins opened up to 350, but I never knew what happened to it after they took it away. I've got a pic here but be buggared if I can figure out how to attach it. Help anyone?

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds