Skip to main content

2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY

More
9 years 6 months ago #140444 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
As Tim said legs are hurting abit today
Good to meet you as well Roland
He did give me some warm beers which I would not para take in as for the ones that you left they might be there on your return
That bloody Tramcar keeps showing up was even inthe mirrors on the way home ::) ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #140445 by Roderick Smith
I too saw things in the 'Swishy' compilation which I don't recall seeing on the day. Equally, my guess is that the 15 min coverage was only 80% of the total attendance. Two big chunks missed were the 20-30 military vehicles, and 10-15 buses, outside the main fence, alongside the football ground. I suspect that that is because they didn't arrive until Sunday morning. In turn, there were about 20 trucks out there too; they may also have been missed. I wasn't trying to either list or photograph every vehicle: some were familiar rally favourites; lots were new to me. There was something of everything. As at Sandown, my feeling was that the main crowd was dads with lads, ranging from primary age to senior secondary.
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #140446 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Butt Wait

There'z More

LOL
[img

Clikity ...................................... ClikClikClik

E&OE

LOL

Cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Swishy.

More
9 years 6 months ago #140447 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
What a disappointing day! Didn't win the raffle and the onions on the sausages had sold out. :'( :'(

But, other wise, what a great day!

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 6 months ago #140448 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
SMore

Swing n the Box Brownie Round

No Need to ..................Clik Here .............. Coz Wot U C ........... iz wot U get

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 6 months ago #140449 by Ken903
Replied by Ken903 on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Great group of photos swishy ,thank you very much for the lift off and the upper lift ,just a great week end. Cheers

More
9 years 6 months ago #140450 by peterbilt351
The HCVC has excelled in its Yarra Glen rally .It has set a standard in static display that all clubs must sit up and take notice of this progressive club .I take my hat of to the new President and his men and women around him .It can only happen when you have everyone working together and all the EGOS are left at the door.It was great to see many members working together will a smile and not leaving it up to a few .
Watch this space

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #140451 by Roderick Smith
I have prepared 44 of mine; some are in Swishy's set, but I also have lots which that set didn't cover.
For starters: the little ones (mainly utes). In the quintet, the lhs one is a Ford Popular; the middle ones could be Anglias or Prefects; the right-hand van is a Ford Thames (aka Thames Anglia, and Anglia Thames - google for photos of the 1959 model). The small modern yellow is a Suzuki Mighty Boy.
I may have mucked up the Thames by confusing it with a customer. IIRC, Singer sewing machines had a fleet for either deliveries or customer service (or was that the signing on the Matchbox Models diecast version?).
I did have most captioned, but the Flickr dropped them all during the transfer. The single-spinner and double-spinner Fords should be obvious, also the blue Mini Moke. The suggestion for the grey on a trailer is Vauxhall or Ford: on the strength of the side vents the bonnet, I would go Vauxhall.
Post edited in haste to take in a later response.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Roderick Smith.

9 years 6 months ago #140452 by
Replied by on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
My thoughts on the event are fantastic venue.

But the way the vehicles were set out could be made a lot better.

As the public arrived through the gate the very first thing they see is cars. Then as you went around thru the stall holders and around to where some of the semis where parked it was all over the place and did not flow at all. Then when you came back up the road you had all the buses and military vehicles and more semis parked out on their own and it just didn't flow.

I am sure with a little more thought on the layout a much better flowing show can be arranged.

As far as a new home for the HCVC I don't think you will find a better one just not sure how it will go if it's wet.

Trevor

More
9 years 6 months ago #140453 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Roderick, I'm suprised, the little green van is a Ford Thames, I think there were a couple of them there. The little yellow ute is a Suzuki Mighty Boy & the blue jigger being loaded on the trailer is a Morris Mini Moke. The grey ute on the trailer I'm not sure if it's a Ford or a Vauxhall, but I'm sure someone will be able to identify it. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds