Skip to main content

2009 NHMA National Rally

• Topic Author
15 years 7 months ago #4842 by
2009 NHMA National Rally was created by
I know many of you have heard of it over the years (may have attended the national rally before!) and many of you most likely will be going.

But the 12th National NHMA Rally is coming up and entry forms. Plus a really good looking website www.nationalrally2009.com.au/index.php has been produced.

Entry forms are due by the 31st of December 2008.

While the rally is still some time off this will be a great event for the Victorian branch of the HCVC to provide a massive support for our new South Australian friends!

The Rally is being held on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of April 2009 at Sturt Reserve Murray Bridge SA. Right on the banks of the Murray river so it is hoped that many wooden boats and paddle steams will also make the trek.

This will be a event well worth going to. I know I will be there!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4843 by Andy Wright
Had heard mention of this but never knew what it was. Questions like "Are you going to the National Rally?". My answer was always, "the national rally of what?"!

Sounds awesome, JB, I think I need a big calendar to start planning my trips.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Topic Author
15 years 7 months ago #4844 by
Replied by on topic Re: 2009 NHMA National Rally
Just in case people not sure. :)

NHMA stands for National Historic Machinery Association. They are the national association for the stationary engine and tractor clubs. Similar to the motoring federation in motoring clubs. See the NHMA web site for more information www.nhma.com.au

More
15 years 7 months ago #4845 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: 2009 NHMA National Rally
I am intending to go with the Inter and tractor. I am thinking of leaving the Saturday prior and head via the coast and Adelaide Hills then leave for Home on the Monday and spend 2 - 3 days to get home before the Easter Traffic goes stupid on the Thursday.

If anyone else is interested in going that way then let me know as if we get 3 to 4 it can be put in 'The Monitor' as a club trip. The idea would be to meet up at prearranged spots at night while being free to roam, looking at things that interest you during the day. I was only planning in coveing around 250 km per day so plenty of time to see the sights and not too far for the slower vehicles.

On the Friday we could convoy from the overnight stop into the Rally
Site.

I just figured I would be spending most of the fuel money anyway but it is easier to justify over a week than over a weekend.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
15 years 7 months ago #4846 by
I hadn't got that far into my planing yet Bparo.

I will most likely be doing two days before and two days after the rally for traveling. So that would be leaving on the Wednesday and returning the following Tuesday night.

The intention at this stage will be to take the Inter and my steam engine (should be finished by then ;D). So I don't want to make to many side trips lugging all that around. And due to the distance and load on the truck will be taking my time for such a long trip!

More
15 years 2 months ago #4847 by bparo
Now its closer to the time who's going?

We are leaving the weekend before and having a week with Murray Bridge as a base. We hope to take the Inter up to the Birdwood Museum etc to have a look around and a few other similar things, go to the rally then leave on the Monday to arrive home Tuesday/Wednesday.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 2 months ago #4848 by atkipete
Sounds like a great event and a chance to catch up with the South Aussie lads.

• Topic Author
15 years 2 months ago #4849 by
My plans have come together. Leaving on the 1st of April. Setup on the 3rd. Packup on the 6th of April. Then traveling over to Warracknabeal. For their easter rally. Leaving early on the 13th. arriving back on the 14th of april. Originally was going to a different rally over easter. But due to fuel costs and distances plans have been changed. (sorry shadow!)

Could be a good event at Warracknabeal. They have one of the largest collections of tractors that I know about. They are also very big on Tractor pulls. Which is held under lights on the saturday night.

This year they have a triple header special feature. They are going to be celebrating 60 years of Chamberlain, 100 years of Jelbart and truck from over the years.

Should be very interesting. So any trucks going to the NHMA rally and aren't in a rush to get home ;D why not stop off at Warracknabeal for easter!

More
15 years 1 month ago #4850 by bparo
All I have left to do is throw some food and clothing on the back and I am away ;D -

We are planning to do a day trip from Murray Bridge to Birdwood and Hahndorf as we won't be back, for Murray's "Hills Run".

Can a local tell me whteher we would be better going Murray Bridge, Hahndorf, Birdwood, MurrayBridge or the other way around. I prefer driving up hills to down them.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4851 by The Shadow
JB and any anyone else going to the National Rally have a good drive.

AND JB don't be a lead foot in that inter (with a load on) ;D

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds