Skip to main content

2009 NHMA National Rally

• Topic Author
15 years 1 month ago #4852 by
Replied by on topic Re: 2009 NHMA National Rally
Don't worry Shadow will be taking it easy.

As the inter with a load the acceleration is 0 anyway! ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4853 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: 2009 NHMA National Rally

As the inter with a load the acceleration is 0 anyway! ;D

even downhill? !!! :D

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
15 years 1 month ago #4854 by
Ah well.. Downhill? Acceleration won't be desired!

Inter with Load de-acceleration is also 0! No Just kidding! Downhill will be slower than up hill! :D

• Topic Author
15 years 1 month ago #4855 by
Well all loaded and ready to go bright and early tomorrow!

The Inter looks much better have learnt alot since the first couple of times transporting the steam engine! :-/ Other than the obvious longer acceleration and the longer to stop issues it feels like it isn't there! :) So looking forward to getting on the road!

I have heard from Bparo this evening. He is already in SA. Had a couple of non-serious issues on the way over. But it sounds like he is very happy and all is going well!

Will try and keep you guys posted! But all is good here! 8-)

Hope to see some of our SA members very soon!

More
15 years 1 month ago #4856 by Andy Wright
Safe travels, mate.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Topic Author
15 years 1 month ago #4857 by
Going very well. Truck is running great! Accidentally left a little earlier than I had anticpated (Just wanted to get on the road) Left at approx 2am this morning :o. Great run however virtually no one else on the road even with the roadworks didn't really slow me down at all!

Been travelling along at about 40 to 45 mph most of the time. Hills always down a gear and end up at around 20 or 25 mph :'(. But the truck is just taking it in its stride. Just letting it run its own race.

But thanks to the Inter I ended up in Horsham (Was going to stop at Ararat!) at about 10am! Oops! :D

Alot of interest in the steam engine while on the road. One group actually travelled next to me for an entire overtaking lane to take photos with their mobile phones! ;D

• Topic Author
15 years 1 month ago #4858 by
Hi every one spoke Bruce (Bparo) today only thing that let go was exhaust bracket and got it fix in Horsham but the exhaust got a little fumie on the way over so is having a new exhaust fitted tomorrow in Murray Bridge but is having a great time . Dave

• Topic Author
15 years 1 month ago #4859 by
Hi everyone Bruce rang me today to say the exhaust has been done and the Inter now has a bark sound to it .

JBlair has arrived safely but had a few dramas at the loading ramp but all is ok now part from not been able to find water and wood but hopes this will change over next few days.Dave

• Topic Author
15 years 4 weeks ago #4860 by
Well the National Rally is over again. The next one I believe will be in WA.

Both Bparo and I are both loaded and ready to get going.

The Steam engine ran perfectly very happy. Bparo did have some problems with his little tractor. Ended up being a issue with the spark plug and after a quick change over it ran ok as well.

But anyway both trucks are now loaded and ready to go. Bparo and Co. (oops and MrsP (sitting right next to me! :-/)) heading home tommorrow. From here I will be taking a day off then heading off to Warracknabeal rally via Pinaroo and Ouyen. Returning after Easter.

There were many recognisable trucks and characters in attendance. Just before saw Murray leaving with his trucks. His intention to get home either tonight or early tomorrow.

All good from SA! All happy well! Chat soon! :)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #4861 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 2009 NHMA National Rally

RE: There were many recognisable trucks and characters in attendance

NOPE

Dont beleive U

We gotta have xhibit 'A'

we gotta have evidense with lotsa pix

Give till it hurtz