Skip to main content

what would it cost to freight a j5 bedford?

More
14 years 8 months ago #13083 by charles
j5 is 40kms south of cooma, looking to get it to the ACT somehow?

was going to drive it but don't have required license and getting a permit in NSW is painful.

any ideas on the best way to get this transport done would be great.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #13084 by
I myself I would get a qoute a local towing company in the ACT with a tilt tray and I would think it would cost about $550-00 round trip the truck would wheigh in about 2 1/2 - 3 tons empty and most tilt trays that carry cars could do it .

The other way is find a mate with a light ridge lic but you have the worry it might down on way home best way in my opinion is the tilt tray. Dave :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #13085 by charles
thanks for that, will ring around and see if anyone is interested.

might have to do a trip down and see if it drives/can drive onto truck.

I have a mate who does car carrying but i don't think his truck is up to the task.

I'd like to drive it but yeah it could break down, and then have to get tilt tray anyway, plus without rego have to get a brown slip just to get a day permit, too much bother considering its 200k's away.

cheers

14 years 8 months ago #13086 by
Charles if you get a tilt tray it doesn,t need to be started as they will just winch it on to the truck.

If only it was a bit closer to the Hume i would be able to do it for you on Thursday as i will be coming back from Sydney to Shepparton Empty with my tilt tray.
Then a possible pick up at Shepparton and then home to Melbourne.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13087 by bigcam
Hi Trevor,would you mind sharing a pic of your tilt tray with us?I build them in Briso,so I`m always curious when it comes to these sort of things.See ya,Cam.

14 years 8 months ago #13088 by
Charles. I will ask a mate of mine, he has a house down at Cooma
and works up here at the steelworks. He lives down the sreet.
and goes home at the end of his roster. He has a UD 8/9 tonner
and usualy takes stuff down to his farm.I know he sometimes gets a backload to pay for the fuel. I wlll try to find him as i donn't have his
number. And as he dose mainly nite shift and i start early it might take a day or two to catch him. It aint a tilt tray, if it rolls you might need to find a loading ramp. I will hunt him out .....Mark

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #13089 by Swishy

Chas
GuddayM8
I'd listen to Dedlee Daves wize words
Him bein a Bedphord owner probly has lots of experience of get n the Bedphord home one way or nuther

LOL

OnlyJokeNDedlee
U left u're self wide open 4 tth@ one
LOL

BigC
GuddayM8
U got me interested on u're Tilt Trays

U got any pics of weird n wnderfull out of the ordinary T/T
in the next 100 years I may B lookn for a new tray for our 8 wheeler
but want sumthing different
like being able to dump tray on ground n grab nuther tray or body
as well as being able to use as a tiptruck/tilttray

Have they developed a twistlock th@ when u snig a container onto tilt tray to pop the Twisty up then twist to lock
Also the main aim is not to make it to heavy n low as possable
Thanx in advance

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago #13090 by bigcam
Swishy,looks like your thinking of a hook lift.Light but strong,what do those floats of yours wiegh?Ever wonder why a Haulmark trailer weighs more than a Frieghter?What do they use out west?That F model of yours is a good looking bit of gear.I`ve got my webman on the job with doing us a new website,which I`ve been loading most of the stuff on,but unfortunatly,he`s as "on the job" as my Panel Beater.Anyway if the (seeing as I can`t probobly use the appropriate word),fatherless chap,finally gets his shite in one sock I`ll let you know :(.In the meantime,this is my site,which hasn`t been updated for a very long time. www.seqtt.com.au .We did one on a 1400 Isuzu for a bloke in Blackwater a couple of months ago,who does a lot of the eatthworks for Curraugh mine.2 of his 10mtippers had a head on on the haul road recently,one was loaded,the other empty,he brought them back one at a time on the tilt tray,as you know,a loaded 10m tipper is 22t plus.No worries.Enough skiting.Your Mack looks like it`s got the older style cantilever sort of tray,which are generally about a ton lighter than a tilt and slide,if they are well made,they are generally stronger as well for their weight.The disadvantage with this design is you are stuck with one angle which is usually a bit steep.If your doing mainly machinery it`s no real drawback.Ussually the weakest piont of this design is where the Ram mounts to the chassis,A tilt and slide gives you a bit of a range of angles.Ours weigh about 4.5 tonne on a 6 X 4 or an 8 X 4.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13091 by bigcam
Is this what they call off thread?anyway,he`s a couple of weird ones for you.The KW lifts straight up,but also works like a tilt tray as well.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13092 by bigcam
This is a Moorooka Maggot,we did a couple for Titeline energy,a Drilling mob from Ballarat

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds