Skip to main content

what would it cost to freight a j5 bedford?

14 years 8 months ago #13103 by

My mates first go at building a tilt tray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #13104 by Swishy

BigC
GuddayM8

Nice L@@kn Green Machine
Wot is the legal weights
wouyld U get 21t over the tri setup
probly 11t on front
is the plasterz truck used for placing plaster thru 1st floor window/door

Also do U have pop up twistlocks th@ can B used when U snig a container on?
Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

14 years 8 months ago #13105 by

j5 is 40kms south of cooma, looking to get it to the ACT somehow?

was going to drive it but don't have required license and getting a permit in NSW is painful.

any ideas on the best way to get this transport done would be great.

Hey charles check your personal messages. Re freighting the bedford

More
14 years 8 months ago #13106 by bigcam
Old Dog that`s a nice looking bit of gear,I see GM on the front of it,what`s in it mate? :D :D

Swishy,they get 16.5 tonnes on it with mass management from memory.I think you get a bit more in VIC,should be 11t on load sharing twin steer,and 20t on the Tri,Mass management gives them a bit more.
The KW is for unloading plaster on the first floor of a 2 story house.Old mate has got a transporter thing that rolls off the deck and drops the plasterboard.I think he was thinking he could sell them,but we built that one about 5 years ago,and it`s one and only. :-/ :-/

We can get our pins to stay up with a little flip up doohicker so that the wombats at the wharf or rail can drop the box on a pin.We put guides and stops on them as well so it lines then up straight over the pins,let me know if you want some pics,it would be easy to do it to your truck if you havn`t got them.The other thing we do as an option is put slides on them so the container sits up on it`s corners,you can probobly do this one too.And we`ve just started doing these container pusher hoojars.We put a double diverter on the winch hoses,cut some keyholes in the floor,and put a removable hydraulic ram there,you could do this one too if your keen. 8-) 8-)

• Swishy
More
14 years 8 months ago #13107 by Swishy

BigC
GuddayM8
Sme again
Ol Leyland Lil looks a good ol truck they R solidly built n ifn it haz the GM Screemer would make a good lorry out of it

LOL
U describe everything very good
Butt az ewe no n eye no
A pic is woth a million wordz (give or take a duz)

Put ur'e self in my shoes
Ifn I had a job to pick up a container th@ twaz sit n on the ground
I'd back upto it, tilt the tray, Hook Cable on, snig it on till container cnr blox line up with twist lock
then the problem B gins
How do U push container pin up, rotate base then rotate lock bar
Seems like no one has cum up with a tru push up/down twist lock under a container

Ifn U get my drift

cya

Cya

[ch9786]

14 years 8 months ago #13108 by

Old Dog that`s a nice looking bit of gear,I see GM on the front of it,what`s in it mate? :D :D

Swishy,they get 16.5 tonnes on it with mass management from memory.I think you get a bit more in VIC,should be 11t on load sharing twin steer,and 20t on the Tri,Mass management gives them a bit more.
The KW is for unloading plaster on the first floor of a 2 story house.Old mate has got a transporter thing that rolls off the deck and drops the plasterboard.I think he was thinking he could sell them,but we built that one about 5 years ago,and it`s one and only. :-/ :-/

We can get our pins to stay up with a little flip up doohicker so that the wombats at the wharf or rail can drop the box on a pin.We put guides and stops on them as well so it lines then up straight over the pins,let me know if you want some pics,it would be easy to do it to your truck if you havn`t got them.The other thing we do as an option is put slides on them so the container sits up on it`s corners,you can probobly do this one too.And we`ve just started doing these container pusher hoojars.We put a double diverter on the winch hoses,cut some keyholes in the floor,and put a removable hydraulic ram there,you could do this one too if your keen. 8-) 8-)

The Leyland had a 6v53 GM and a 613R/R
the thing always had problems with the donk i think they got sick
of it . I know he spent a heap of dough on the motor. he sold it in the end. Mark

More
14 years 8 months ago #13109 by bigcam
Old Dog that`s a pity about the 6V53,touch wood all the one`s we`ve had we`ve got a good run out of.

Swishy,when you fit the pin holders,fit them 90 degrees out of whack to how they are mounted on a standard trailer,then when you`ve got the box lined up over the hole,you push the pin up and turn the handle.If you`ve got to load at the wharf and the wingers reckon they can`t put a box on because the pin doesn`t stick up,flip the hoojar up under it and that will hold it.I don`t have any pics,I can probobly take some in the next couple of days if you want them.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13110 by kennymopar2
i had a old leyland mastiff (1976 model) lazy axle 10 speed RR .. factory 540 V8 perkins .. i couldnt brake the truck ! .. i even imported a turbo 540 perkins V8 from Scotland to put in it ..but the old fumey original motor refused to die . . the heavier leylands wernt a bad truck the lighter ones like the boxer series etc had to many problems

• Swishy
More
14 years 8 months ago #13111 by Swishy

BigC
GuddayM8
Gr8 pix U been flin n up

RE: Twisties Turn 90 outa wack
Me thort they woulda cum up with a more positive approach than th@
coz when u turn m like th@ they can B lifted straight out with little resistance from the grab handle
Cya

[ch9786]

More
14 years 8 months ago #13112 by bigcam
If you`ve got the bolt or the flip up doover in,they can`t fall out.Some container pins have a few mm of movement between the handle and the body.When the handle is pushed up in the body it doesn`t detent and can turn then.If you havn`t got something to hold them in,they can fall out,not good if you happen to be going the other way.If you use pins like this,you can tack a couple of bits of 2 or 3mm between the handle and the body,that keeps them in the detent.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds