Skip to main content

RS in Oz

• Topic Author
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16700 by
RS in Oz was created by
Gday.
Swishy asked how my exploration is going.

I landed in Tulla on 15 Oct.
went to Phillip island for 4 days to see Casey Stoner win the motogp :)

then 4 days in Melbourne where I met a few HCVC characters face to face including Pete.Swishy and not forgetting the Beddyologist DD.and many more. After meeting a cousin in Melbourne for the first time in 40 years. I then started off down the Gt Ocean Rd. One of the first things I took pics of was a MEGA truck oufit with 5 Mack prime movers and a 32 axle trailer shifting a large lump of elecrical stuff. (I will post pics when I can Swishy) Pete tells me biglorryblog may have beaten me. I have been down as far as Portland then North to Halls Gap for a few days. Ballarat was next for Lake Gladstone show.Met up with Atkipete.Great show. Loved the steam shovel and the steam VW kombi.had a good look around the city..Sovereign Hill today.excellent.
Tomorrow I fly to Darwin for 10 days.then Sydney for 4 days. Then returning to Melbourne for the dinner and Sandown show.flying home on 24th.

Oz and its people are amazing :)

Cheers
RS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16701 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: RS in Oz
Hi Roland

I was wondering how you were getting on there over the ditch. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of your time there just as much; although I'm a Kiwi and prefer living here I go to OZ a lot and always have a great time there and get really well treated by the Ockers.

I was glad that Casey won the motogp on his home turf, but Valentino has still won the championship again! Deservedly so too, I think.

I went to the Lake Goldsmith rally with AtkiPete last year and was amazed by that steam shovel too.

All the best for the rest of the trip,

Vic.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16702 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: RS in Oz
Good to see you having a good time mate.Carefull someone doesn`t p**s in your pocket,though I think we all gave that a good go on the forum before you got here.With a bit of luck I might meet you at Sandown,I`m just working out a way to combine it with a bussiness trip so SWMBO is cool,and of course the curse of the self employed,work.
Don`t worry about taking to many clothes to Darwin,you won`t be needing them.The place is getting far to civilized,you used to able to just ask for a Red can (Carlton Draught),a blue can (fosters) or a can of barbed wire (XXXX).The old barbed wire never used to travel to well and wasn`t all that flash up there,mind,they have bitumined the roads now.Don`t drink the swamp water in a Darwin stubby unless your feeling keen.See ya,Cam.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16703 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: RS in Oz
Hi Roland , Mate good to hear you are enjoying yourself . Fingers crossed that casey stays 100% fit and is able to give valentino a run for his money next year .Mate enjoy darwin and keep an eye out for them big teethy lizard things if you go paddling your toes at the seaside with your knotted hankie on your head . ian.

• Topic Author
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16704 by
Replied by on topic Re: RS in Oz
Gday Ian. Cam and Vic

Casey was good at PI. and Malaysia.Lets see how he gets on in Valencia.Maybe my favourite will have a home win "Pedrosa" :)

Thanks for the croc advice mate.

I may be a Pom but not Alf Garnett :)
My Oz headwear is genuine kangaroo skin !

Cheers
RS :)

• Topic Author
14 years 6 months ago #16705 by
Me again.

Due to this weird little device I am using to communicate I did not see the first 2 replies.
I was not ignoring you Cam and Vic. :)

I quite like your Red beer.

I have loads of clothes with me.
I cant wear the same Y fronts for 6 weeks so I had to buy 2 spare pairs ;)

The only water I am drinking is from bottles.
I dont want to catch croc flu .

I hope to meet you at Sandown or maybe at the "DD Dinner" ?

Cheers

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16706 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: RS in Oz
As Swishy says,too much info,Y front`s?your nuts`ll be glued to your legs in Darwin,far superior to go commando mate.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16707 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: RS in Oz
Just don't go dangling your tackle in the water... ;D

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #16708 by
Gday

Thanks for the advice.

Heading South from Darwin today.
I will report back when I can.

Cheers

More
14 years 5 months ago #16709 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: RS in Oz
How do you like triple road trains, Roland? Cool, huh? Seen any Gulf Transport set ups?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds