Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
1 year 3 months ago #243705 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Sometimes Sayings.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #243706 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I have a good mate in England who does vehicles for movies (James Bond etc). He had to build two Avions-Voison cars - they are more expensive than Bugattis- so he produced very good replicas using XJ6 Jaguar underpinnings and off they went to way out in the desert in Morocco. Movie going well except an order came out that none of the crew other than the director were to talk to or look Penelope Cruz in the eye. If they needed to talk to her it was to be done via her personal assistant standing beside her.

Dirk Pitt (action hero star Mathew McCaughnehy) had to jump into one of these cars and drive down the road to save the heroine. He let out a cry and walked off the set because it had a manual gearbox beyond his capability. Filming stopped for 4 days while my mate Peter Tombs took the car into Marrakesh and by some miracle found the only XJ6 in Morocco and bought it off the owner and worked for 24 hours straight to transplant the auto box into the movie replica.

McCaughnehy drove it in 2 scenes before running up the back of a parked truck on the set and writing it off. If you watch the movie "Sahara" you will see some very exciting desert chase scenes with Peter Tombs driving with a McCaughnehy wig and make-up in the spare stick-shift vehicle. A couple of scenes show McConaughey driving close up (with Peter jammed behind the seat pushing rods to the clutch and gearstick!)

And women wet their pants over this drop-kick.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, overlander, PaulFH, Southbound, Tacho, Zuffen

More
1 year 3 months ago #243711 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Anti-theft device

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
1 year 3 months ago #243714 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.

I have a good mate in England who does vehicles for movies (James Bond etc). He had to build two Avions-Voison cars - they are more expensive than Bugattis- so he produced very good replicas using XJ6 Jaguar underpinnings and off they went to way out in the desert in Morocco. Movie going well except an order came out that none of the crew other than the director were to talk to or look Penelope Cruz in the eye. If they needed to talk to her it was to be done via her personal assistant standing beside her.

Dirk Pitt (action hero star Mathew McCaughnehy) had to jump into one of these cars and drive down the road to save the heroine. He let out a cry and walked off the set because it had a manual gearbox beyond his capability. Filming stopped for 4 days while my mate Peter Tombs took the car into Marrakesh and by some miracle found the only XJ6 in Morocco and bought it off the owner and worked for 24 hours straight to transplant the auto box into the movie replica.

McCaughnehy drove it in 2 scenes before running up the back of a parked truck on the set and writing it off. If you watch the movie "Sahara" you will see some very exciting desert chase scenes with Peter Tombs driving with a McCaughnehy wig and make-up in the spare stick-shift vehicle. A couple of scenes show McConaughey driving close up (with Peter jammed behind the seat pushing rods to the clutch and gearstick!)

And women wet their pants over this drop-kick.

Thats hilarious Lang

I love it, made my morning

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action

More
1 year 3 months ago #243715 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
An 82 year old Mate of mine says "That's the way the world is going and I don't like it"

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 3 months ago #243718 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Sometimes Sayings.
This is known as runaway ego!

More
1 year 3 months ago #243721 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Great story Lang. Thanks for that bit of light hearted nonsense. Further on from the excited ladies watching "The stars" making
impossible stupid movies , as tough as times are , people still pay crazy money to go to the theatre? If they just wait six months or less there is lots of ways to watch for near free. Go figure ???
Just my sixpence worth. Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
1 year 3 months ago #243733 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you sow.
(Robert Louis Stephenson)

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120

More
1 year 3 months ago #243739 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
So true Morris when I was 19 I tried to sow as many seeds as possible hoping for a zero harvest.

More
1 year 3 months ago #243744 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Sometimes Sayings.

So true Morris when I was 19 I tried to sow as many seeds as possible hoping for a zero harvest.

Out sowing wild oats were you Lang :whistle: ;) :dry: :dry:

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds