Skip to main content

International ACCO Crew Cab - for the ACCO Lovers

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #10195 by huppypuppy

same motors that are used in the garbage trucks? awfully slow going uphill

KM,

Sure is! This one ain't slow - the reason the garbage trucks were slow going uphill was the way the Allison automatic was calibrated to the truck - also the diff ratios were low! This one is a tad quicker due to the 9 speed RoadRanger and taller diff ratios!

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by huppypuppy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #10196 by kennymopar2
i remember about 6 years ago i was driving my old mans ford D series 300ci petrol 4 speed from melbourne to newcastle there was a acco aussie post truck similer to that i was suprised the only thing he could see of the old D series was the exhaust ..but on the flat he had a higher top speed & unlike the D series im sure the interior heater was working ! i had to stop at albury to make sure i hadnt had a sex change :o

More
14 years 10 months ago #10197 by huppypuppy

i remember about 6 years ago i was driving my old mans ford D series 300ci petrol 4 speed from melbourne to newcastle there was a acco aussie post truck similer to that i was suprised the only thing he could see of the old D series was the exhaust ..but on the flat he had a higher top speed & unlike the D series im sure the interior heater was working ! i had to stop at albury to make sure i hadnt had a sex change :o

Kenny,

Sorry for all the different ways I've been ID'ing ya - must have been a mongrel without any cab heat!

The worst thing I hate is not having heat - it's a biatch waiting to go to work at 5:40am and sitting in the old man's ute waitin' for the cooling system to warm up to have some heat! Especially the last few days when it has been really cold!

Joe

More
14 years 10 months ago #10198 by Andy Wright

but you wouldn't need a trailer for carting the horses! Have a custom-built slide-on/slide-off body made up and she's apples!

Depends on how many horses you want to carry...

Crew cab and three axles gives the impression of a heavy rescue tender. Having said that, I think I've only ever seen tenders as 'day' cabs.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 10 months ago #10199 by huppypuppy

but you wouldn't need a trailer for carting the horses! Have a custom-built slide-on/slide-off body made up and she's apples!

Depends on how many horses you want to carry...

Crew cab and three axles gives the impression of a heavy rescue tender. Having said that, I think I've only ever seen tenders as 'day' cabs.

Andy,

I can only get what you're saying - don't you mean single cabs???

Joe

More
14 years 10 months ago #10200 by Andy Wright
If you get what I'm saying, Joe, I don't need to explain myself. :P

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 10 months ago #10201 by kennymopar2
sometimes its like reading double dutch :-X reading what youve already said :-?

More
14 years 6 months ago #10202 by bigcam
Hey Joe,has old mate still got the big Accodyne?A mate of mine once told me that if you can`t sell something it`s either the wrong colour,or too dear.The ACCO is white isn`t it?

More
14 years 6 months ago #10203 by kennymopar2
ive heard that colour blind people can work out white & black colours . . . maybe they can work out something thats overpriced as well ? its as simple as black & white ;D . . actually a mate of mine has a acco 2350 for sale(with furniture pantech) ..but the 275 cummins needs a rebuild apart from that the truck is ok ..hes asking 10k id buy it myself but i already have 2 UDs

14 years 6 months ago #10204 by
That thing almost looks like a triple cab?? I've never seen anything so huge! The dual cabs, or crew cabs, in the West, don't have such a large cab. After looking around at various pics, it does appear there's at least 3 varieties of crew cab, obviously all built by different body builders, all with different ideas.

They'll be waiting a long time to get $99,000 for an ACCO powered by an 8.3 Cummins. If it was an 855, they might stand a slight chance, but not an 8.3. Maybe they're hoping some well-heeled horsey type with more money than horse$h*t, comes along, and thinks its a steal!

The problem is, with the current economic downturn .. used trucks, used cars, used machinery and used equipment have lost up to 30% of their value, prior to the Great Financial Crunch.
I went along to Pickles truck and machinery auction last month, and their yard is bursting at the seams with used trucks and machinery. A lot of older, quite good trucks couldn't even get a bid. At least 40% of the stuff in the yard was passed in.

A lot is owned by finance co's, who are holding out for maximum $$'s. As soon as they say to Pickles, "quit it for what you can get!" .. which is what happens when the bean counters want to clear the books .. the values will drop even more.

As an example, Richie Bros held an auction here in Perth last month .. and Richies brag about unreserved auctions, and getting top dollar for your stuff you want to sell. The prices were pathetic, and lots of cashed up buyers went home with bargains. One bloke I know, wanted to quit his contracting fleet of older Cats, and put the lot in the Richies auction. He had it all valued at $2.4M .. and it brought $1.4M. He is screaming, and bouncing off the walls, talking about sueing Richie Bros. But .. he has little chance of getting anything back, because when you sign up with Richie Bros, you sell without reserve.

At a recent Smith Broughton auction, the prices were less than scrap value for older stuff. One Wabco dump truck in good running order sold for $600!! The tyres were good, and were worth 5 times that figure alone!!

There's been hundreds of car yards folded in Perth this year, because of the collapse in car values. Machinery and equipment sellers will be disappearing next, as they get caught holding expensive stock.

Even very good items are not worth 75% of what they were worth last year. The big crash in the financial world last year, has translated through to a big reduction in what was previously inflated values for trucks, cars, machinery and equipment.

Add in an Aussie dollar that is soaring in value, and stuff is getting cheaper by the day. A lot of businesses are only making money because they are buying imports so much cheaper than they used to .. but they are not passing on the savings like they should be.

New imported cars should have dropped at least 20% in price, due to the exchange rate soaring this year .. but the dealers won't do it, because once they do, the value of used cars drops even more .. :(

That crowd with the ACCO will get burnt, if they can't move it soon, or find someone who has no idea of values.
Here's a pic of a dual cab horse float, that is more like the size I have seen on the West Aussie fire trucks.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds