Skip to main content

International ACCO Crew Cab - for the ACCO Lovers

More
14 years 4 days ago #10225 by tim
Joe, mate u shoulda been down at the Melbourne auction of Manheim Fowles this week. You would have been in your element, fire trucks everywhere, Acco's, Scania's, Mazda's, (1 with 45000 kms on the clock) Hino's. Mate you'd have had to have tied your hands behind your back, otherwise how would u have got em all home. cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #10226 by atkipete
Spicer boxes were fitted to the ACCO at one stage, but Roadranger and Allison Auto more common.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #10227 by HeyCharger
Hi Guys. Just bought this;

392 V8 Allison auto, power steering. HUGE cab. Now all I need is the 12v air conditioner.
Drove it down from Queensland yesterday on Unregistered Vehicle Permit. As it had not been on road for about 6-8 years, it coughed and spluttered (and failed to proceed) until I gave her a bottle of metho.
Well, then she took off home at a great rate and I do mean 90-100 kph. She just loved sitting on that speed with very little throttle. Admittedly, it took some distance to get up there as I'm not a lead-foot. A distance of some 1300klms. Still about to work out fuel consumption, but then again have NEVER bought a vehicle yet on fuel consumption figures.

A couple of questions;
1) The hyd rams for lifting the cab are leaking (now that's an understatement). So how do I raise the cab to the open position to change them?
2) I need a new exhaust pipe for the left hand side. Can I buy one or is it easier to have the local guy make one?
Thanks. Rod.

Rough calculations are 45l/100klm or 6.5mpg. Probably will improve when I remove the 1600litres of water still in it.
Can someone please enlighten me on these;

Transm 325 (I presume means Allison 4 speed).
Colour 465BST
L.S.T. No 263

Anyone know fuel tank size? (possibly around 150 litres?)

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by HeyCharger.

More
12 years 6 months ago #10228 by ianoz
HeyAcco , just doesn't have the same ring to it ;).

More
12 years 6 months ago #10229 by HeyCharger
How True :-[

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
12 years 6 months ago #10230 by rusted
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationListed on fleabay today

More
12 years 6 months ago #10231 by HeyCharger
In fact that one has been on for awhile. He's just lowered his price.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
12 years 6 months ago #10232 by oldfulla
The White ACCO on page 1 of this topic is not that unusual (I dont think). As Onetrack said it may even have 3 rows of seats. The middle row facing backwards like in a Limo.

I have seen quite a few in QLD with Govt/Semi Govt outfits - like the MRD & Qld Railways. They use one in Townsville as their break down unit. Has the big cab for all the guys and a purpose built thingo on the back to carry all their gear (jacks, generators etc).

I think both Boral & Pioneer Bitumin mobs have them too (single drives) with the crew cab for the work team and usually things like sweepers, small sprayers or water tanks on the back.

Whether they are an IH product I dont know. May be something built by places that build Ambulances, Hearses, etc.

In short - they replace the old 'Mother in Law' cabs from years past. The tin box that sat on the tray behind the cab - long since outlawed for safety reasons. And they were usually 6 seaters.

Oldfulla

More
12 years 5 months ago #10233 by HeyCharger
OK Guys, having just purchased a 1810C with a 392 in it, I've been trying to gather info on this engine.
All I can find is this;
oldihc.org/sv-engine-specifications
Can I presume that the figures in the right hand column apply (with the exception of the carby, which I believe has a 4bl Holley). Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
12 years 3 months ago #10234 by zeun
Here's something you don't see made much anymore: the ACCO crew cab!

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds