Skip to main content

new chinese trucks heading our way next year!

More
13 years 4 months ago #34864 by grumpy
Yeah, but they are a bit more sophisticated. I can't see them using a 24 ton block of granite.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #34865 by
It's pretty obvious what happened to that Chinese truck! He used a Chinese padlock on the doors of the seatainer! ;D ;D ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago #34866 by grumpy
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/grumpyjeffs/eee.jpg?t=1293347205

Another load of JAC trucks on their way to Footscray.

More
13 years 4 months ago #34867 by atkipete
The major problem with Chinese goods in Australia is the Aussie importers. There is often no checking that the goods are up to spec, electrically safe or what was ordered. I have unloaded containers of product, going straight to major department stores, that the importer did not even lay eyes on. It might be good quality, it might not be and the fact that there is no checks in place here would soon become known in China.

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #34868 by
Atkipete - The problem with Chinese products is that there's no real checks, anywhere .. QC control is in the hands of the customer.

Any Chinese company that says it has a good system of QC is generally lying. QC inspectors are rubber stampers, they rarely check anything properly.
Even when Caterpillar established the Perkins engine-building JV, with Caterpillar checking to see that Caterpillar QC was being carried out .. the Chinese soon found a way to circumvent and corrupt the Cat QC system.

Remember, we are talking about 300 million factory workers, who were formerly peasants, that have been lured to Chinese factories in the last 20 years, with the rewards of 10 times the money they can make, hoeing rice paddies.
99% of these workers have little understanding of English, and even less technical or scientific training.

One only has to see the way Chinese items are labelled .. they don't even understand English numbers or symbols.
You can buy a Chinese item of clothing marked with a certain size, and the next item with the same size marker on it, will fit like a tent. They just don't care about labelling anything correctly.

We used to have a big Chinese importer about 3kms up the road (W.A. Salvage). This store sold anything and everything that China produced.
They would ship in everything by the multiple seatainer load .. then the W.A. Salvage employees got to do half the QC, when they unloaded the seatainer .. and the customer got to do the rest of the QC, when he purchased and used the item!

I used to see them crack open a seatainer of tools. Every second seatainer would have a % of products that went straight in the bin!
There would be tools absolutely coated in rust! .. tools that weren't assembled properly .. tools that were broken, as they were being unpacked!!

W.A. Salvage would just bin what was unsaleable .. put out the almost-saleable items at a discount price .. and put the "saleable" items on the shelves or racks.
Even the the saleable stuff on the shelves was half junk, though, too .. and you might go through a dozen tools in a bin full of tools, before you found one that had been assembled properly, and actually worked! This is the Chinese way .. quantity before quality! :(

I firmly believe that W.A. Salvage cared little about checks, QC, or anything. They bought the items for such a low price, they could afford to bin half of it, and still make a sizeable profit!
I'll wager if we knew what importers and retailers were paying for Chinese products, we'd blanch! I bet they make about 500% profit on every single Chinese thing they sell! .. without having the slightest interest in raising the quality of what they sell .. :(

One of the more interesting moves by the Chinese recently, is the purchase of the American aircraft piston-engine-builder, Continental!
The aviation groups are expressing concern that the Chinese will dismantle all manufacturing in the U.S.A., and transfer it to China.
Even just the thought of Chinese-produced parts in any Continental piston-engined aircraft, would be enough to make you want to pack a parachute! .. :o

13 years 4 months ago #34869 by
I just purchased 4 zinc plated mudguard poles and was shocked to find they all had rust inside the offset where the bolt holds them onto the chassis!!!I'm talking about an item brand new in a box.WTF :o

Will be reconditioning the old ones as they are probably 30 years old and dont show any signs of rust. Any chinese company that says it has a good system of QC is definitely lying :D

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #34870 by bparo
I love this quote I heard somewhere
"If it wasn't for China Bunnings would be out of business"

After all they get to sell you the same item again, and again, and again.

To be fair though if you keep the receipt they have no problem replacing broken items during the warranty period.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bparo.

More
13 years 4 months ago #34871 by ianoz
I read on another forum that volvo has sold its car making devision to a chinese firm ,So who is going to line up to buy one in a few years time,when made in china is stamped on them .Ian .

More
13 years 4 months ago #34872 by jimbo51
Actually Ford owned Volvo in most recent times and sold it to Geely in China.

More
13 years 4 months ago #34873 by atkipete
I know what you are saying Ron, but China will ship rubbish if they can get away with it. The company I was working for moved to importing from Vietnam where the quality was better and they could deal direct with the manufacturer whereas in the Chinese case it was via middle men.
In the case of trucks buyers want a 10 to 20 year lifespan and still get something for it in the end.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds