Skip to main content

Humpty Dumpy is making me Grumpy

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #245063 by JOHN.K.
Back in the day when they used to sell four or five dumpies every State Govt auction,scrappy Barry Haines bought one and a big cement mixer .......he had a Lite Stout tht ran on three and a half cylinders ,and had the dumpy loaded on the back,and towing the mixer.......The Toy blew up just up the road from my shed at Oxley,and he was stuffed .......I said you can leave all the stuff in my yard ,but it was a shared yard with trucks in and out ,and he didnt like the idea......So we unloaded the dumpy ,pushed the Toy into the yard .He hooked the mixer up to the dumpy ,got a 5 gallon drum off me for fuel ,and set off for Mt Tarampa ,where he lived ......he made it too ,and was back at my yard to fix the Toy next day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #245067 by cobbadog
Not sure if this is a final farewell or should be posted in the Drive About Pics.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, Southbound, JOHN.K., oliver1950

More
1 year 1 week ago #245157 by Lang
Away you go Co0bba, this one should be easy now you have the ptractise.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, Southbound

More
1 year 1 week ago #245160 by cobbadog
With that bonnet shape it is an earlier one than Humpty. He will have no trouble selling it as they are in demand by landscapers and farmers as well

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 1 week ago #245163 by JOHN.K.
Mine is a rusty wreck ,and Ive been offered $2500 for it ...........I had a similar little 3 point roller ,and gave it to my brother .....he uses it to roll his horse paddocks flat after heavy rain ............these little things are very much in demand for the tractor and machinery show followers.......Ive got another one with no engine (I used to buy them for the Lister engine.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Southbound

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds