Skip to main content

IH Super AWD6

More
12 years 11 months ago #50342 by ute253
Replied by ute253 on topic Re: IH Super AWD6
One for Sarge, what I did on my BTD8 glowplugs which has a BD281 engine, was to to turn done a long shaft impact socket so it would fit into the recess near the injectors and just put a rachett onto it. I tried a variety of tube spanners at first but they just aren't strong enough in the sidewall to hold together. The impact socket being made of stronger stuff did the job no sweat but was a bugger to turn down as they are as hard as hell. I sent my glowplugs to a mob in ballarat or bendigo and they reconditioned the originals and got all working again, much cheaper than buying new ones if you don't want to go down the toyota conversion route. just a thought, david

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #50343 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: IH Super AWD6
I like your thinking David, but tell me, did you unscrew as in like a spark plug the glow plug or did you have to wind the nut on the glow plug in to pull the plug back out....

and the nut if I recall is only alloy???

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
12 years 11 months ago #50344 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: IH Super AWD6
a bit off topic but i never put glow plugs or injectors in "dry" i coat them with engine oil ... a lot easier to get out next time ! ..btw for mercedes and M.A.N injectors you need a special socket as for penetrants i find "inox" a decent brand

More
12 years 11 months ago #50345 by Mike Moore
Replied by Mike Moore on topic Re: IH Super AWD6
sarge. from memory they just undo like a spark plug. i just used an open end spanner to wind them out

1971 International ACCO &&1971 International 564 &&196? Nuffield BMC mini &&

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds