Skip to main content

Austin 245F

More
4 years 1 month ago #207028 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Austin 245F
I have also acquired a refurbished chassis (unfinished but with many new parts) and seven brand new tyres . . .
Three weeks since the Bedford came home and tear down proceeding nicely.
NOT a budget build this time :unsure:
A is for Austin, B is for Bedford . . .
. . . and the O type has gained B for as a name already :blush:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #207035 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Austin 245F
Believe it or not,many moons ago as a teen ,I used to hire one of those Bedfords for $50 a day.....the motor was ,I think ,actually a ww2 Chev ,as it used to clonk just like the Chev blitzes.,and the steering was tightened up so that the wheel would barely turn.Did the job OK without having to ask the old man for his truck ,and put up with all the BS he would go on with.

More
4 years 1 month ago #207038 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Austin 245F
Polarizing a generator and voltage regulator are simple processes. I watched an auto electrician do it on a regulator for the Cropmaster tractor and it was a simple case of striking a live wire to one of the poles much the same for a generator. I ahve watched some YouTube clips that clearly and easily show you how to do it.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 1 month ago #207710 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Austin 245F
Austin was advertised and sold in one hour . . . except after six weeks with minimal input from the "buyer" I advertised it again. Second time around it took two hours to sell and was picked up the following day. All good and now having a working balance for the Bedford. :woohoo:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds