Skip to main content

Diamond Reo info

More
6 years 10 months ago #183641 by Linz1607
Replied by Linz1607 on topic Diamond Reo info
Anyone have a manual for the 6-200 gold comet motor? If would like to buy one or copy if I can loan.
Have made some progress on the repairs will post a few pics over the weekend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #184471 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic Diamond Reo info
Linz1607 On looking at the specifications of your Diamond Reo most are the same as mine and the engine numbers are not very far apart. Also being basically the same colour scheme I am fairly sure mine was originaly bought by the same company and used as a concrete mix truck. Did you ever get a workshop manual or anything similar as I am having trouble trying to work out the round housing just under the exhaust manifold. It is part of the lubrication system and has 3 relief valves inside it and has hoses to and from the oil filter.........has yours got one of these?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOHN.K.

More
6 years 10 months ago #184473 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Diamond Reo info
The 30k Eaton bogie used #3 size centres,The power divider was the same for all the old Eaton bogies,meaning that the bigger ones were undersized.I have a full air one in the back yard,Ford spec,full air,but never on a truck.The same power divider was used on Leyland hub reduction bogies.All my truck stuff will soon be going for scrap.The neighbour has already spent money on planning and council opinions on my yard.Bit cheeky,but he s confident I will either sell,or kick the bucket.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #184474 by Linz1607
Hi Cliffo, yes I am sure I have the same arrangement, yes I got a manual as well. The assembly you are talking about is the oil filter /cooler base, the drawing shows several springs and seats that provide a bypass if the cooler or filter blocks. I will post on this forum the pages out of the manual, but it's not straight forward so I suggest I can see you an email with the info. What's your email address.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by IHScout. Reason: Click insert to make the picture appear in the post

More
6 years 10 months ago #184476 by Linz1607
Hi john, thank you for that info. If your,e selling I might be interested in buying, the current diffs at 7:1 I think and have thought about decreasing this to allow me to reach a highway speed.

More
6 years 10 months ago #184487 by cliffo
Hi Linz1607 The diagram you show is different to mine but i can see some similarity. Mine has the filter seperate to the valve assembly connected by 2 hoses whereas yours has the filter as part of the assembly, but in principle I think they would both do the same job. My email is jclifton5@bigpond.com
and would appreciate any info you can forward Thanks John

More
6 years 10 months ago #184488 by cliffo
Hi JohnK Sounds like you have a bit of gear around the place and am wondering if you have a Eaton number 2 diff or crownwheel and pinion at around 5 to 1 ratio or alternatively an overdrive joey box. I am still trying to up the speed of Inter AR160. If you have anything please email me at address in previous thread to Linz 1607 Thanks

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #184489 by Linz1607
Hi cliffo , same arrangement as this?
Will scan manual and send thru later in week.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Sarge.

More
6 years 10 months ago #184508 by cliffo
Hooray......Yes this is the part I am looking for and any info will be appreciated Thanks

More
6 years 9 months ago #184533 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Diamond Reo info
The orange can is simply a bypass oil filter.Probably a Purolator,or a Deluxe,or maybe a Donaldson.In any case ,its got an element made of compressed cotton waste,and traps dirt at a slow rate.Its neither essential or vital.But it does keep the oil clean.Old trucks often (usually) didnt have full flow oil filtration,due to the danger of blockage,and also of stingy owners not changing the elements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linz1607

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds