Skip to main content

1981 Acco 1910C

More
1 year 7 months ago #239414 by Bimbadeen
Replied by Bimbadeen on topic Fitting Acco Cab bushes.
Thanks Brett for detailed advice re fitting of acco cab bushes. I was thinking of cab in locked down position too and your ratchet strap idea sounds vg ... .......... applying just enough tensionto relieve pressure on the pin and hold cab down !! Im suspecting the pin may have some wear too so may have source a new one or have one made.
On jobs like this I think about the best ways for a while then go back to truck for another look and reacess and adjust my thinking if necessary .
Many thanks for your help.
Maurice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239419 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1981 Acco 1910c
Maurice, It's at least 25-30 Yrs ago...
But I seem to remember being in a Truck Workshop where one was been done & they had someone standing on the Cab Step with the Door open of the side they were replacing the Bush & another Bloke with a Crowbar between the cab & chassis wriggling things about...

Hope this is of some help..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
1 year 7 months ago #239428 by KelOz
Replied by KelOz on topic 1981 Acco 1910c
Maurice how are you today? the pin and hole in the cab will most likely be worn to, I would fit new pins bushes and still hear the bump bu.mp of the cab on rough roads. Inters did an update for the pins it worked good theyput a taper on each end of the pin then the piece that went in the cab hole had internal taper with a slit in it then a nut went on each end as you did the nut up it expanded the slit piece in the cab hole took all the play out the cab was a great fix right pin still carried clutch piviot . I would really recommened it works like rocwell tapper axle washers but in reverse
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
1 year 7 months ago #239429 by KelOz
Replied by KelOz on topic 1981 Acco 1910c
the taper pins leave the old circlip ones in the shade

More
1 year 7 months ago #239443 by Bimbadeen
Replied by Bimbadeen on topic 1981 Acco 1910c
Hello KelOz
Just wondering if you know where I could obtain these new pins for acco cab mount
Thank you.
Maurice

More
1 year 7 months ago #239445 by Bimbadeen
Just wondering if anyone would know where I could obtain the updated tapered cab mount pins for Acco 1910 C.
Thank you.
Maurice.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239447 by 180wannabe
KelOz has suggested in your other thread that IH produced the tapered pins as an update, so i'd be trying Iveco, especially if the later D, E and G models used the same pins.

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, Bimbadeen

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239451 by KelOz
Replied by KelOz on topic Tapered acco cab mount pins
Maurice think if you went to iveco you would get them I very much doubt they would sell crirclip type no one would buy them the taper ones just take all the wear out off cab mounting points not positive but i think d g e are different not sure but ask for a b c should be good. Left pin is about 2 inches longer than old type normal size where bush runs middle then tapers down where cab mounting holes are where the internal taper bits sit in the cab holes then are theded to washers than castle nuts and split pins go thru nuts right one is 5 or 6 inches long outside of pin is the same as left pin Right side inside is where extra lenght is used for clutch pivot it has a sleve that goes over pin clutch pivots on sleve than nut pushs on sleve to push taper piece in cab hole Kit comes with all nuts washers split pins etc. Right pin inside
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Sarge.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239454 by Bimbadeen
Hi KelOz, Thank you very much for the great info on the Acco Cab Mount Pins ......... very pleased to receive such good advice.
I will ring Iveco Mount Gambier tomorrow ....... they have a chap in spare parts who knows all about the older trucks and spares.
Cheers,

Maurice.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239496 by Bimbadeen
Hi KelOz,
I have contacted Iveco spare parts. Right hand cab mount pin $436.85 but unavailable. Left hand pin $80.45 available.
Spare Parts manager suggested the wear could be where pin goes through the Cab and not necessarily the urethane bushes in the cast bracket.

I wont know till I remove the pin and see if it is worn or the bushes or the cab holes.

Incidentally Iveco list the bushes at $50 plus gst..... phew!!!

Maurice
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds