Skip to main content

1971 C1100

More
1 year 7 months ago #239507 by COFFMAN
Replied by COFFMAN on topic 1971 C1100

Looks gorgeous!
In seeing the bare cab, I am reminded of one I had with a terrible noise - the uprights behind the seat are supposed to have some sort of insulators between them and the back wall of the cab - mine had sort of come out (some horse hair stuff? I forget). It would vibrate / rattle when lugging the engine a bit.
Great work, love to see further progress shots as you get more done.

Jarrod.

The rattles seem to a problem, my D line spares truck has pieces of wood jammed at the lower of the back panel. An AB cab i have has rag jammed in it everywhere on back panel uprights and the fuel filler tube .
This cab was as clean as.... so hoping for no rattles.. may even line the back yet...l

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239510 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1971 C1100
From memory, the uprights are very close to the indented areas in the back panel. If you have plenty of clearance there, no problem. If they're close enough to touch when you push on them, just stick something neatly in there; problem averted. A folded piece of old army blanket, or similar.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, COFFMAN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds