Skip to main content

Caterpillar

More
13 years 4 months ago #40373 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: Caterpillar
good call on the stop sign......i missed that (but then again i'm getting old)......so,....shld i stop my bowing & scraping re cummins power in the T till we confirm the authenticity of its location???
its a big cam 3 by the way..going on the aftercooler in the pic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40374 by Assessor
Replied by Assessor on topic Re: Caterpillar
Open ya eyes you blokes and read the post, he didnt say the truck was his " its just a pic" so it probably is in the U.S.A , and i would say he said that Cummins and cat are rubbish, for the same reason as you blokes hang $hit on Detroits!!! a bita fun.... "like the man said" you blokes are touchy on ya brands.. now at the risk of looking like an a$$hole , why do most people on this forum look for fault in every pic,post, saying etc that people put up???

this i ask you?? i know iam off topic, , i personaly know many people that watch this forum, but wont join, 3 guess, why ...........speaking of joining

its very interesting that with have over 1600 forum members, and i little over 400 paying members in the actual club, hands up whose a paying member??? its only $55 who is it that's in the truck restoring game that cant afford $55 ........ someone said the other day we don't restore trucks to re-coop money, so surely you can afford to lose $50 to a good cause?? my pic is of my actual truck, i do all my own work, but iam also keen to help newcomers, young people,people new to trucks, with constructive advice!! my truck is powered by a detroit!!! and cummins and cats are heaps of $hit
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

just an observation

Merry xmas
Cheers Adam

More
13 years 4 months ago #40375 by newto

GEE WIZ BOYS took 5 pages to find out that cat,s and cummins are rubbish
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Theres blokes out there coulda told ja in 2 pages

RODG-OR

sooo.........now rodge has packed his bags and left because I/We dared to question his authenticity re the Diamond T......which after all appears to be not his.....and you want me to feel guilty ASSESSOR????
look at his post up there.....he came in all fired up and spruiking crap that cats and cummins are rubbish but then posts a pic of a cummins???
and now he's chucked a hissy fit and left..with his borrowed pics!!...
look at his initial post.....if you really want him as a mainstay then count me out.....there are some great contributors to this forum that also have a sense of humour,take as good as they get,and all done in fun....if you ,assessor, want to back a newbie no nothin over the quality blokes that are already here...then I think you've lost the plot.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40376 by newto
thanks choc....I appreciate your support...not sure i was expecting too many to go out on the limb for my view....thanks again...(i thought maybe it was just me getting older and less tolerant)....which I am...lol

More
13 years 4 months ago #40377 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Caterpillar
Cool it guys ..... after all it is Xmas!

Sure everyone is passionate about their brand but maybe it's time to back off a bit and stop dissing those that aren't your favourites.

When all is said and done each brand has had its heroes and its failures but they are all diesels.

Let's just heap crap on petrol engines .... just for Xmas :D :D :D

Peace and joy to all.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40378 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Caterpillar
With every ounce of honesty..
The best truck or whatever..
No matter the breed or the engine type...
is the one you can start when you want it to...stop when you need it to...
get you from here to there and back, under is own steam..
There is no doubt...the one you have is 'your best one'
There will always be a wide and varied opinion, but in all fairness, they all do a good job for what they were designed for..

regards
chocs 8-)

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #40379 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Caterpillar
Nobby, no need to pull the pin mate.
I was actually hoping you where going to tell me the big Diamond was somewhere I could have had a look. They are pretty rare even in America, specially in that condition. I don't think any where imported here as working trucks. I have heard a whisper that a certain enthusiest is planning on bringing one in, but I'm not sure that it looks like the red one in Nobby's pics. The Yanks had a few long bonnet west coasters of the same era, a lot Cummins powered, LTL Mack, International did one too, it must be a pretty popular thing when they are restored to put 400 Cummin's in them. I'm pretty sure Ian Lee's LTL Mack has a 400 in it too. Ian's LTL is the only west coast Yank truck I can think of that is restored in Australia. I'm sure I'm about to be corrected on that though.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bigcam.

13 years 4 months ago #40380 by
Replied by on topic Re: Caterpillar
Better not start a Ford-Holden type debate,that would be too much fun ;D But to join a forum and post pics of a rig that probably isn't his and bag other members out for no pics is a bit rough.Not everyone on this forum owns a truck and has to own a truck to be a valuable contributor to this forum.I'm sure Newto would have forgotten more about Cummins than i will ever know!!!

Merry Xmas and a safe and happy new year to all!!!

More
13 years 4 months ago #40381 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Caterpillar
Geez based on how this topic is going im in trouble then...I got detroits and a 903 :D
You'll be right with the Detroit Adam...me and Swish will stick with ya. 8-)
Seriously, Chocs is bang on. All the brands have proved themselves in the correct applications...even the 555 and the 3208's were good donks in the correct application.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40382 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Caterpillar
he will be right with swishy basil...
as long as they don't break down together ;D ;D
swishy could always yank him onto the big detroit - altona bound float!!
If they break down at that stage...
the cummins powered tansistor will haul em home!! ;)
Ya right tho bro...
horses for courses
regards
chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds