Skip to main content

Preparing & Painting a 1927 Inter Chassis

More
11 years 2 months ago #56976 by bparo
Look on the bright side nobody was hurt. If something like that let fly with the bonnet up it may have been a different issue.

The bits will be fixed and nobody except a few thousand of your closest friends will ever know!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #56977 by hayseed

Jeez Trev!! Unlucky, but sooo lucky mate!! Could have done some real damage there! :'( :'(

Spot on Bugly, Could've sliced the crap out of that New Radiator..........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #56978 by
Yep gotta agree could imagine if it was at a show with bonnet up and crowd around.

Could have also taken out my new radiator too.

And to my friends on here hope its a lesson i learnt the hard way that might save someone else sharing the grief.

Just have to decide if we are going to repair it our self or get Pete from Oldera services to make me up a new side panel as it has pulled away a little on the inside and the dent is very noticable.

Trevor

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #56979 by
I have to agree with your intial post.

OUCH!!!!!

Now how do I get my fan off to get it cracked tested!! :D

More
11 years 2 months ago #56980 by scratcha
Slowspeed, if you need it picked up, im in the gully and working at Newport tomorrow & wednesday dayshift & thursday friday nightshift.

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #56981 by

Slowspeed, if you need it picked up, im in the gully and working at Newport tomorrow & wednesday dayshift & thursday friday nightshift.

Scratcha

Thanks for the offer, will see when its going to be ready, talking Thursday or Friday. My work load has just about dried up now ready to hang the tractor keys up on the hook for a few months.

Now to get onto that list from the boss.

Trevor

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #56982 by
Just got a message, The one that broke was due to metal fatigue. 2nd blade was just about to let go as well.

Have been told of other cases of fan blades letting go on old trucks/cars the early Chev's 4cyl's are know for breaking the main flange.

So if you havent had yours checked might be a good time to do so.

Trevor

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #56983 by
Trev I driving a mates 1950 Bedford near Mildura and we broke a fan off and it went thru the top tank decided to drive on as we were able to break the opp blade off fun and long way from home . dave

More
11 years 2 months ago #56984 by AUSSIE TD-40
not good :'( lest the new rad is ok :)

are we going to see you and the truck at the Geelong IHC rally this weekend 8-)

Jake.

INTER TRUCKS, B-3, L-120, AL160, AACO180D, R-190, RD-200
plus a few Inter tractors eta
WARWICK QLD AUSTRALIA

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #56985 by
Jake

At the moment have only got a one day leave pass and am using it for Clunes,Dont think i can get a second one :'(

Just looking thru the video's we were taking on Monday and guess what we caught the bang on the video, will try and put it up tonight.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds