Skip to main content

A load for my Inter

• Topic Author
15 years 5 months ago #5484 by
Replied by on topic Re: A load for my Inter
Shaddow,

Hope to have it going very soon. Certainly will be at the next MSTEC rally. And if I can get all the paperwork sorted out I hope to take it to the national rally. It might even get it up to the Leneva rally in Easter. As this engine does have a history up there so should cause a bit of a stir!

Will depend on how well the inter is going at the time and how well the inter copes with the load.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5485 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: A load for my Inter
I was taken to have a look at this a few days ago and would you believe it looks even better in the flesh than it does in the photos.

When you look at the number of parts that had to be made and the quality of the workmanship (No machining marks at all) it is a real credit to Jarrod and his helpers.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
15 years 3 months ago #5486 by
Well most of the finishing touches have been made to the steam engine. Total number of parts made for it is up around 500!

Have also fitted the Inter up with a winch etc.

So I know you are all asking the question when is the first event for it. Well this weekend! :o Hope all will go well. Will post some pictures after the event.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #5487 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: A load for my Inter
Mr J.

You Might have just built the dam thing your self, save you dreagging the thing out from the bush, carting it home, and buliding a purpose built shead for it,
get a cut out from a mag and go from there, hehehe, down load the plans from the net, get a lathe, mill bob's your aunty.

-Monty ;)
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by monty.

• Topic Author
15 years 3 months ago #5488 by
Think you might not be far from the truth Monty! :-/

When things start to settle down I hope to make up a web page about it including lots of photos and maybe a detailed list of components that were manufactured.

We decided early in the restoration to get the right look modern washes and nuts etc wouldn't look right. So all were sepecially made for it! This increases the total very quickly! ;D

More
15 years 3 months ago #5489 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: A load for my Inter
Hey Jblair, where is the event this weekend?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 3 months ago #5490 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: A load for my Inter
Gday Bruce,
there is a big one at the steam club 7/8/9th March. I will be heading out one day. Cheers Pete

• Topic Author
15 years 3 months ago #5491 by
Bparo,

It isn't a steam or vintage engine event. It is the Dutch Festival being held at Sandown Racecourse on the Saturday.

The next event after this will be at of course be the MSTEC rally on the 7/8/9th March like Pete mentions.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5492 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: A load for my Inter

Think you might not be far from the truth Monty! :-/

When things start to settle down I hope to make up a web page about it including lots of photos and maybe a detailed list of components that were manufactured.

We decided early in the restoration to get the right look modern washes and nuts etc wouldn't look right. So all were sepecially made for it! This increases the total very quickly! ;D

Mr B

Youll have to explain how you went about making each bit, etc drownings, books, mates, or a copy, i think that is the real interesting part of this type of restoration, looking at some TOMM mags it seems like that you have to become a fitter/ machinist to go about restoring such items, and how you over come problems.

-Monty ;)

• Topic Author
15 years 3 months ago #5493 by
Monty,

My mate Ben is a fitter and turner. If it wasn't for Ben this engine wouldn't be in the wonderful state it is in now!

Keep meaning to write up an article for Tomm etc but always more to do on the engine! But now that it almost finished can start thinking about the next step!

The engine like mentioned will be doing the Dutch Festival on Saturday then the MSTEC Rally. It is also booked in to goto the National Rally in Murry Bridge at the start of April. Also hope to take it to the Bordertown rally in Leneva at Easter time. (See how I go). So busy couple of months coming up!

Hope all goes well!

Jblair

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds