Skip to main content

Another survivor found - Max Keough's K125CR

More
9 years 11 months ago #96171 by Cunning Stunt
Hi Phil, I just had a long conversation with Max and he told me that the Airshield air foil was fitted at Bayswater and the aircleaners are as they were when the truck was new, he said also there had been a fair bit of discussion about stripping the truck for paint (as it came up bare) but they left it all intact due to the full strip down of the sleeper that was required to remove the brackets, hence no paint behind them. He also told me that the only other truck he saw the same when on the road was Ianellis Night Stalker, the flat roof. It had the same airfoil fitted. You had me all intrigued :).

Another thing he told me that it was one of the very first (he doesn't think THE first though) to be fitted with an 8/92, hence KW's push to have it on display at Yenorra for the 78 truck show. Thanks for the heads up, I never would've looked twice if you hadn't mentioned it 8-) 8-) 8-)

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #96172 by
...all good Bruce .. they are definitely an unusual fitment and the first i've seen...

....i love all this archaeology and history showing up years from when new.... and rediscovered again 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
9 years 10 months ago #96173 by adb
Hey cunning....
What an awesome resto... I'm hooked on your progress... Fantastic job mate... Couldn't help but notice that you may have spare airfoil?

Cheers
Adb

More
9 years 10 months ago #96174 by grumpy
When I was at KW Bayswater, if a "special build" came down the line, most of the components for that special built were fitted in the "Hook-up Area", prior to the road test. A lot of the brackets etc., may not have been fabricated while the truck was in the assembly line, and the engineering department used to come across, measure and design what was required, get a drawing made, and send the drawing to the fabricating section for manufacture. Each of these "special parts" was given its own part number, to be included in the final build list.
This happened a lot when KW first started fitting air foils, and there were a lot of changes to exhaust and air intake piping designs.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #96175 by
...to me grumpy that explains a heck of a lot of how the line operated, and the potential LACK of a part number stamped onto the newly fabricated item....cheers mate :) :)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 10 months ago #96176 by Swishy
Me KW 1/2 Truck haz Mack air start tank brakets from day 1 wen new

Mack cast onto the side of brakets

Bit of cross polination of the yanky trucks

also me thinx Atkinson used the alloy spider spoke wobbly wheel hubz from KW

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 9 months ago #96177 by dieseldog
Hey Cunning.... Any more progress?

9 years 5 months ago #96178 by
Gotta do the bump on this one... ::)

More
9 years 5 months ago #96179 by clarkie383
Yes i think it is deliberately quite!!!!!

More
9 years 5 months ago #96180 by geoffb

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds