Skip to main content

1973, Inter D1310m 4x4, front bearing TROUBLES!!!!

More
11 years 7 months ago #97147 by D1310m
Hi swamprat, thanks for that. What manual are you referring to??? Is it for a D1310?? also have test fitted bearings to stub axles and they go on too easily with no friction. ie they just slide on, may need to use the ''punch'' technique mentioned in an earlier reply, I expected a tight fit for the bearings, but not the case. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike T :-? p.s. any ideas where I can find Inter parts for a D1310?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #97148 by Mrsmackpaul
I use loctite bearing retainer stuff just hope you never have to get the bearing off you will need a gear puller I've had no problems even really stuffed shafts bearings stay were put

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 7 months ago #97149 by Bugly

think Darwin is the only place i havnt driven it yet ,

savin' the best 'til last, huh? ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 6 months ago #97150 by swamprat
the manual i have is D series chassis manual , covers all the d models , what parts are you chasing , ive got a couple 4x4 that ive wrecked , or i can still get some new parts

D1510 International 4wd 6BT cummins power steer

More
11 years 6 months ago #97151 by D1310m
HALLELUJAH!!!!! Wow, didnt think they even existed! Can you tell me where you got the manual, as I really need one. Also if its not too much trouble, can you let me know if you have any of the following: front brake linings, drum diameter 304mm x depth of lining and 44.4mm, stub -axles from a 4x4, any front wheel bearings NTN 131107 or Timken 18685, cones to fit, seals: imperial size: 2.250 3.250 0.375 inches. As the engine is a 7.3l V8 diesel it is not the original engine (heart transplant a while ago), I dont need motor parts, just running gear and other bits n pieces . Thanks a lot, Mike T :) :) :)ps where are you, as we are heading south early Nov and going thru SA then into Vic, NSW, and up thru Qld on way back to NT mid year. Could call in and check out your bits, if that ok for you?

More
11 years 6 months ago #97152 by swamprat
you should be able to buy brake linings from a local brake shop , i think ive got some new front brake drums that should fit 1310 , im near Horsham in western vic , one of the local truck shops still has some new old stock parts from when the fire service used 1310s as fire trucks , bearings & seals should be available from any bearing shop

More
11 years 6 months ago #97153 by swamprat
ive had my workshop manual for years , most of the info is easy to get as the 4wd components were made by other manufacturers

More
11 years 6 months ago #97154 by D1310m
Hi swamprat, great info, and Horsham is not far off our meadering route thru Vic. hope to catch up with you in the not too distant future, cheers, Mikie T ;)

More
11 years 4 months ago #97155 by PeterE
Hullo gents
My D1510 4WD (ex fire truck) has a stuck rear brake drum. I would love a look at the workshop diagram before I pull the other side off, please!
So far I have tried to release the adjusters (-butchered by some F--kwit), unbolted and pushed-in both wheel cylinders, cut holes in the back-plate, heated the drum, heated the stiffener on the shoe, chocked opposite wheel with the offending-side wheels off and used engine to try turning drum....
All to no avail. The axle will torque-up and move springs in both directions- but the shoes refuse to let go!
Has anyone got any suggestions, please? Or a replacement back-plate and shoes if I cut it off and get in to them?
I have been trying for 6 months to get it moving and I'm ready to cry in my beer.
Cheers,
Peter
PS. I have parts book for this series if that helps anyone else. The diagrams aren't much use for dissemble work tho'....

Also; am I dream in' or is it possible to put freewheel hubs on the Dana ?

Peter&&Narrogin WA&&AT4 229

More
11 years 4 months ago #97156 by PeterE
Correction : D1610 four wheel drive.

Peter&&Narrogin WA&&AT4 229

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds