Skip to main content

Big red Dodge

More
11 years 2 months ago #101870 by 700GMRR
Replied by 700GMRR on topic Re: Big red Dodge
more dodges hardtopman! are you going to keep them at home or have you got somewhere to squirel them away as you are getting a good collection there. looks like the shed is progressing in between truck buying

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #101871 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: Big red Dodge
Getting there slowly, 2 loads of road base coming this weekend for drivway. Just going to grab the engine out of the AT4 and just bring home the power giant. Is a 7 series that has had a perkins put in it roughly with oxy cut fire wall to get it in there.

More
10 years 11 months ago #101872 by Hardtopman
Twin sister back in her home state, right down to to orange paint and tipping tray. If only it was closer ;)

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glossop/heavy-fa...-restorer/1020789904

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #101873 by Hardtopman
Well after running rough and hard to start i gave the old girl's carby a make over on the weekend. Got hold of a carby kit from good old ebay. Old truck has moved more than a few loads of dirt and tree cuttings in the near on 2 years ive had it. Carby was pretty sad and has been since i got the truck. Accelerator pump didn't even work which made it pretty hard to drive until it warmed up. Was also going to replace the distributor with a electronic one i had out of a 383 and fit a module, but being a truck 361 the cam/dissy goes the other way. I got a feeling a small block dissy will work but. Anyway after carby clean and kit run's a heap better.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Hardtopman.

More
6 years 4 months ago #189725 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Big red Dodge
Eaton diff in my Dodge in the workshop manual calls it a 18802. Is a 2 speed with 6.5:1/8.8:1 ratio. What other ratios are available??? Looking for something a little higher geared. Was looking at a few 1970's Ford and Inter trucks that the Eaton diff looked the same. Do these have better highway ratios. Not looking at going faster just dropping rpm, the truck will do 50-60mph but is spinning pretty hard

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds