Skip to main content

Diamond T For Sale

More
10 years 11 months ago #118303 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
At the end of the day it is second hand goods and it's ultimate value is what the seller and buyer agree on.

Having said that it is a hobby vehicle so is prone to price rises in good times but be sold at a cheaper price if things turn down and people are more interested in keeping their homes or paying their bills.

Also the value will vary from person to person. To use my xp ute as an example so I am not picking on anybody I have had people who see it as an old Ford and think $1500 was overpriced but had someone offer me $12, 000 based on my description and one photo. There will always be people who claim the same item was overpriced while others think it was a bargain at the same price.

As long as the seller and buyer are happy it is nobody else's business. I would hate to think that these discussions stop vehicles for sale from appearing on this forum as it is just part of the negotiations.

Having seen the vehicle concerned and having been shown it by the original restorer I have no doubt that I could jump in it and do several trouble free laps of Australia in it. Just because I don't have the money to buy it doesn't make it overpriced just outside my price range. Such is life.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118304 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
Ya,
I'ts not what I'm lookin' to buy either.
But none the less, it's a ripper looking piece of gear.

Price?

Someone in the past was once moaning about the price something went for at an auction/ clearance sale.

He was going on about how hard "high bidders' made it for the hobby/ toy/ resto mob to get a start.

Then up pops a explanation that made it all perfectly clear (atleast to me).

It went something like this;
A commercial buyer (ie a farmer) pays top dollar at auction for a banger, puts half its repalcement value back into it doing it up and puts it back to work for ten years.
For him, it's a solid truck for half the price of a new one.

The hobby guy recons the bloke overpaid for a doer upper, spoilt the market and denied him the opportunity for a cheap resto.

It all depends on your point of view, and what your buying it for.

$62,000 for a proven, tested, no more to spend show quality truck with provenance and a house on the back?
BARGAIN ! !
For the right buyer.

What's the arguement?

There are plenty of trucks out there to buy, just keep looking (and lookings really half the fun anyway isn't it?).

-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118305 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
I realise that everyone is entitled to their opinion but it amazes me how a simple truck for sale add can denigrate into a slinging match.
Regards Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Dodge fan.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118306 by Slasha
Replied by Slasha on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
I thought I would help the old Mate by placing this for sale on here, thinking we were all like minded people interested in restored or restoring trucks, as some have said, price is based on many factors. :-?
Try restoring a truck to this standard and see where you end up :o
So Advertising on here in future? :-/ :-/

Cheers

1974 White Road Boss

More
10 years 11 months ago #118307 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale

I thought I would help the old Mate by placing this for sale on here, thinking we were all like minded people interested in restored or restoring trucks, as some have said, price is based on many factors. :-?
Try restoring a truck to this standard and see where you end up :o
So Advertising on here in future? :-/ :-/

Cheers

This is what I mean, something starts out quite innocent and people end up getting offended. I've seen it happen on many forums. Personally, I've seen many posts that I could comment on but rather than inunvertantly upset someone, I just keep my opinions to myself. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone.
Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 11 months ago #118308 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
In Murphyz world tiz simple

Ifn eye wanna buy sumthing tiz tooo dear
Ifn eye wanna sell sumthing tiz tooo cheap

Easy solution jist add a lock down button

Place add...with full discription, fotos etc all contact details n ruff location
lock it
problem solved.....nex
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 11 months ago #118309 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
Ol Gillyman & the Chocs will vouch for the cost of a polish up :-[
Phone call, does Gilly want to sell the C with the Cummins. I advise, she owes me $20k plus labour & incidentals. Gee mate, that is top $$$ was the reply.
I tell same bloke, unless you got a cheque book with at least $25k, don't bother jumping on the plane.

She is still in the shed ::), just have to turn the key, back her under the trailer, & I will be in Syd tomorrow, loaded or empty, it wont matter ;)
Gilly

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118310 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
Quite a reaction when it was just one bloke expressing his opinion, albeit rather bluntly, that he doesn't find the sleeper boxes aesthetically pleasing!

When did we all get so new age sensitive? :o
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by jimbo51.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118311 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
There has been a lot of interesting points of view expressed here, but the one I like best is Bobsboy's analogy of the farmer and the rebuilt banger.

Isn't that exactly what we have here? This truck has had a complete rebuild, so to all intents and purposes is the equivalent of a near-new truck which has done 90,000km. Where else could you buy a near-new truck at 90K km for $62,000? Sooner or later it will attract the right buyer who will end up with a helluva nice prime mover out of the deal! ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118312 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Diamond T For Sale
I think the 'discussion' started with the "ouch" comment..

Any discussion would be good discussion though...

Keeps ol mates 'For Sale' on the boil....

chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds