Skip to main content

WTB: Dodge AT4 dropside tipper

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246409 by lemmiwinks
Hello all,

I'm looking for a 60's/70's Dodge AT4 (D5N also OK). International would be fine too, but all the ones I've seen have straight 6 petrol or Perkins. I'm open to suggestions regarding other makes/models but petrol V8, drop side tipper is non negotiable.

I've wanted a V8 ever since I was a kid and I'm not putting it off any more. It's not the 2 door XA Falcon I always wanted but I'll get more use out of it and it's a heck of a lot cheaper!

Looking for something preferably close to roadworthy - got enough unfinished projects as is! I can do most work myself, would be used occasionally for odd jobs around the place and maybe a few earners if the opportunity presented itself.

Must have:

V8 (318 is fine)
5 speed
2 speed diff
drop side tipper

In an ideal world this truck would be around Northern NSW/SE QLD but open to further afield especially if it can be driven on an unreg vehicle permit (not sure of transport costs?). I've sifted through Just Trucks, Trucksales etc etc but not much luck. Messaged one bloke but he never replied. Not sure how old the ads are either?

This would be perfect:

But Tassie is too far for transport from a $$$ POV.

This is in Victoria and looks OK but it's got a Perkins (nothing wrong with that, I just want a petrol V8):

Even with the grain bin (OK, so drop side seems to be negotiable slightly) this would be a cracker but it's Perkins powered. Normally I wouldn't even look at petrol powered trucks but this isn't about practicality...

Maybe you blokes are better at the used truck sites than me, or maybe you've got something parked in the paddock.

Cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246411 by Mrsmackpaul
There normally plenty floating about, only one of the ones you put up is a Dodge

A AT4 or a D5N series Dodge ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246412 by lemmiwinks
I profess my ignorance (plus I didn't read the listing for the Tassie truck properly, it clearly states International). You (and everyone here) will probably hate this, but I don't really mind what it is, International or Dodge, so long as it looks roughly like that and is single axle because I only have an MR licence.

Yep, I'm a poseur! :lol:

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246413 by mammoth
Best bet is to watch the on-line farm clearing sales - auctionsplus.com.au - is the best (backed up by professional infrastructure) but there are others. Plenty to choose from. Rust in plenum chamber (under dash) is a major issue with these cabs. Extremely unlikely to find a drop side tipper so plan to get a body built to suit. Such a body, if it is any good, will cost more than the truck.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemmiwinks

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246414 by lemmiwinks
Thanks mammoth. I'm reasonably confident I could fabricate passable sides but the tailgate latch looks fiddly to do well. Plus the price of steel!

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246415 by Inter-Action
There is a Dodge in Farm Clearing sales. Sounds something like you want. Says its a runner , and suitable to drive away on
a permit. Located in Bendigo. It is under Truck and Trailer. I would have the bar if i lived a bit closer.

Go get it.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246416 by lemmiwinks
Is that on auctions plus? Please excuse my ignorance, I've never used that site.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246417 by lemmiwinks
Think I found clearing sales. The menu took a while to load :blush:

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246418 by Inter-Action
Phone number for the Dodge in Bendigo. 0418 179 974. Asking $7250 ONO. It has a horse float body as is , but it's a runner!!!!
Sell the back and put it towards the body you want. You can drop the bar off at my place. (Spotters fee) .
Good luck. Dave.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246419 by Inter-Action
It is under Private Sales
Truck and trailer section.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds