Skip to main content

WTB: Dodge AT4 dropside tipper

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246440 by 180wannabe
Inter AA will be the hardest model to find any cab panels for. They are a nice looking truck though.

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemmiwinks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246441 by lemmiwinks
I will post up some photos Friday probably, maybe Thursday depending on what time I get back and how tired I am.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #246442 by lemmiwinks
The Inter looks pretty straight actually, but interior is dreadful and a straight 6 petrol doesn't float my boat.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #246457 by lemmiwinks
She's scrap boys. Bonnet has been up for a few years to stave off the rats but it's been rained in so hard it's full from the cylinders to the choke butterflies :(

It wasn't a 318 either, the next one up, 361?

Super disappointed but glad I didn't just send a truck! It was an honest mistake, the seller is a nice bloke who honestly thought it would be OK. Classic ran when parked really.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by lemmiwinks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #246459 by 180wannabe
Ah bugga! Just as well you went and had a look for yourself. Certainly disappointing though that someone wasted your time like that.

Yes the next one up from a 318 is a 361.

My advice is don't be in a hurry to buy. Certainly go look at many to gain comparison experience, then buy something that has been in a shed. I understand how "it'd probably be ok" trucks are appealing when you first start looking, but they soon end up being not quite what you really wanted. You will know when the "right" one comes along, and by then you will have some background experience/comparisons, to then make a decision quickly if you need to. I learnt that the hard way. Looking will be the cheapest part, buying the right truck will be the best part.

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Inter-Action, lemmiwinks

More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #246477 by lemmiwinks
Good advice Brett, thanks.

Well, this is quite embarrassing but about an hour from home I realised the truck was in gear when I was trying to roll it over. Doesn't change the fact that it was full of water, and has been for a few years, but sheesh. I don't know how I got so stupid.

Since I found the water pretty early I only took a photo of the ID plate. It's an AT4 I/760 835. I would guess 7 ton, 160 inch wheelbase 8 cylinder and not sure about the rest?

Oh, and when I pushed the clutch pedal, it stayed down to keep the brake company.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by lemmiwinks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #246488 by JOHN.K.
The Dodge 361 B blocks have a neat trick.......the valley cover is just thin sheet steel and part of the intake manifold gaskets .......pool water and rust thru in a few months .........How do I know this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, lemmiwinks

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #246491 by lemmiwinks
I think I'm about 3 years too late for this truck, but I'm still holding out a bit of hope. Would be great to save it if economical. Seller said he'd take the plugs out tomorrow and see if she'll turn. Not going to lie, if I lived local to this truck it'd probably already be at my place, it's only the freight that's holding me back.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #246496 by Sarge
Lemni, good luck with your search, thanks for including us in your fun, have you done the Facebook market place searching.... there is a running dodge V8 tipper listed ballarat area, they are fairly frequent in my scrolling.
Good luck

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemmiwinks

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #246497 by lemmiwinks
Thanks Sarge, that must be where they're hiding 'cause there ain't many on Gumtree etc. Although I do have a faceborg login I very rarely use it. It sounds like I should, as it would increase my chances, or I could just look over the Mrs' shoulder - that's how I got my Fordson but I admit it was pretty random luck.

Cost of freight is killer at the moment which would put anything as far as Victoria out of the question I think. Got 2 quotes for transport about 430km, 1 $2k ex gst, 1 $2k inc gst!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds