Skip to main content

Dodge 760 PM ??????????

More
13 years 6 months ago #36318 by cribotow
How the hell do i get to Mintabie? to drive this home and will i like the cummins 185??? it amazing what they shoehorned into these trucks!stay tuned for pics of a 351 clevo being wedged into my D series ;D ;D

&&Grasp

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36319 by kennymopar2
its good to see you have a real dodge now ..step tanks and all .. it doesnt matter what you think of the cummins ..it depends hows its geared :D

More
13 years 6 months ago #36320 by Assessor
looks like a bit of a wepon!! :) :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #36321 by cribotow
It aint mine yet will depend on how much i want/need it ;D ;D its on ebay ,where all things come from ;D

&&Grasp

More
13 years 6 months ago #36322 by atkipete
I think the Cummins C160 was fitted ex factory. Mintabie is just the other side of the black stump, maybe they could get it to Alice or Adelaide for you.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36323 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge 760 PM ??????????
I'm pretty sure I've seen spec sheets, where the V8 185 Cummins was available as an option on the 760 Dodges in the late 1960's.
I think the C160 was offered earlier on the Dodges .. and the C160 was most definitely the engine fitted to the AB Internationals of the early 1960's.

Mintabie is so far out from the Black Stump, you'd need a telescope to see the Stump. The sheer distance involved in transporting that rig will put off even the keenest buyers .. except maybe a South Australian buyer.
By my rough figgering, Mintabie is around 1000 kliks from Adelaide.
Perhaps if you jag a cheap backload to Adelaide from a roadtrain heading South to Adelaide from Darwin, you might be able to justify it.
However, I'm not sure about the amount of empty trailers heading South, there's a lot of freight heading both ways on the Stuart Hwy.
Perhaps a backload on a float that has taken equipment North from Adelaide, might be the best bet.

Don't forget a lot of this country is under water at present, too. You'd need to make sure the Mintabie track is passable.
My stepdaughter has just done a run from Eromanga to Birdsville to Moomba, and then to Adelaide.
The pictures and stories she's got of the amount of water out there, is amazing.
She's involved with the gas and oil fields operations, and they are using hovercraft to get around!
Half the Moomba gasfield is under water, they have pumps and ponds submerged, and they are struggling to keep up full production.
Even a lot of the heli pads and airstrips are too wet to land on. The "big wet" through the Interior is one of the longest wet periods for many decades, and a lot of roads will be closed for an extended period.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36324 by Loadstar
Bit off the subject I know but this is what it was like in Moomba a few months ago. :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #36325 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Dodge 760 PM ??????????
Cribby, you just take a drive up the Stuart Highway & when you get to Marla you have a beer or too & just up the road a bit, before you get to the NT border you hang a leftie & head bush for some number of K's Then you come to Mintabie. Good luck on that one Mate. Carry plenty of fuel cos it won't be cheeep out there. cya Tim ;D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

13 years 6 months ago #36326 by
Loadstar - Yep, that tells it like it is .. only it's got worse since then. The huge amount of rains that swept through SW QLD in Sept have just prolonged the agony.
I'll try and see if I can "borrow" some of Michelles pics. She's a good photographer.
She says the oilfields areas land transport, is currently only the hovercraft, quad bikes, and a wheeled Argo.

It looks like the 760 Dodge buyer will get lucky. The Mintabie road is currently about the only unsealed road, still passable in Northern S.A.

www.transport.sa.gov.au/quicklinks/northern_roads/area2.asp

13 years 6 months ago #36327 by
you really need a mate who owe's ya a big favour to get that one back to civilisation.I was interested too until i realized the freight back to Vic is going to cost more than the truck's selling price.If you dont like the 185,i'll take it off your hands ;D

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds