Skip to main content

Dodge 760 PM ??????????

More
13 years 6 months ago #36328 by kennymopar2
from memory the cummins V8 -185 is specced at 160hp for the dodges

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36329 by Thunders-Truk
Cribby, that thing being a prime mover you'd have to reckon the gearing should be okay for decent highway speeds, I can't see them wanting to crawl along too slow out where that thing is, it's a long way between Pubs up there. He, He. ;)
As far as getting to Mintabe, there's trucks leaving Adelaide around the clock for Darwin and all points North, so if you tried you could probably jag a ride pretty easily, even if you got to Pt. Augusta on a rig going to Perth, and then hooked a ride from there up. Don't forget your toothbrush! Everything from Melb. to Perth goes through Pt. Agutta mate !! ;D

Tony, Adelaide.

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Thunders-Truk.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36330 by Thunders-Truk
Cribby, if that thing's unregistered you can get a permit from Transport SA for less than $50 and drive it home, I think. 8-)

Tony.

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

13 years 6 months ago #36331 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge 760 PM ??????????
You can get a 3 day temporary movement permit from Transport S.A. for $52. However, it's only good for S.A. Once you reach the border of another State, you need one for that State, issued by the authority in that State.

You can arrange all the different State permits before you leave, provided you know the timing, and provided you stay on schedule.
However, with the chance of holdups with an old truck, you're probably better advised to arrange them as you travel.

If the truck is registered, you can drive it home to any State .. but the owner will want to ensure he gets the number plates back, so he doesn't get pinged for non-return of plates .. and perhaps get a refund of the remainder of the rego.
Some people will want to take the plates off before you leave, so it's a matter of delicate negotiation, and keeping your word to return plates.

S.A. Permit .. www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+travel+...tered+vehicle+permit

S.A. fees .. www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport%2C+trave...+vehicle+permit+fees

More
13 years 6 months ago #36332 by cribotow
OK this is my cunning plan i have a Daewoo car at my disposal its worthless! i load all my tools and crap in to same i get one way rego permit to mintabie,i work on truk make it reliable,fuel it up,and head home carefully on another one way permit,this is after setting fire to daewoo ;D on side of track,i have done this b4 it works,ok i mite give the daewoo to someone,or then i mite chain it to the back of the 760 and see how long it lasts til its all gone ;D!!

&&Grasp

More
13 years 6 months ago #36333 by kennymopar2
use the daewoo to sleep in if you can get it on the back ... you will prob find the dodge tops out at a mighty 80km/h . . will you get it home before the permit expires l :D on a positive note at least the dodge isnt perkins powered, it shouldnt slow down till its going uphill . . . a perkins slows down before the hill !

More
13 years 6 months ago #36334 by cobba
Replied by cobba on topic Re: Dodge 760 PM ??????????
I went to look at a truck in Northern NSW earlier this year. I had all the details on it before I went and I dropped into Vicroads and bought a permit for it here.
I just told em I was taking the truck up to Coffs for the fella to have a look at to buy and he was covering my fuel for the return journey if he didn't take it.

A Vic permit will cover you in any state and you can get a 28 day permit for around the $100 mark I think.
Worth looking in to.

Cheers. Cobba.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36335 by melonreo
if ya gonna set fire to the $#it box :omake sure you do it to the right one ;D ;D ;D
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by melonreo.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36336 by kennymopar2
thats a bit dodgey . . two vehicles you dont want to break down in a dodge or a P76 :o its embarrassing

More
13 years 6 months ago #36337 by bigcam

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds