Skip to main content

Caption This

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234902 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Caption This
Here is one for a caption (I already captioned this in no uncertain terms). Simpson crossing with Nissan Patrol . It only had about 40,000km on the clock but a very rusty chassis ex-mines. Had to get Peter out to Poeppel's Corner from Birdsville with a welder after it broke in half and the middle of the vehicle sat on the ground. Chassis photos after I jacked it up back into alignment waiting for Peter to arrive with two old truck springs to weld underneath. Sat phones are very handy.

It was on a direct West East crossing Cape Leeuwin to Cape York. The tack welds and old springs kept us going all the way to Cape York then back to Brisbane. Subsequent buyer was a fitter and turner who spent half an hour underneath inspecting, coming up with the conclusion it was "an easy fix", paid me full retail for that model and year and drove off never to be heard of again. Good luck!

Left hand side.

Right hand side Ratchet strap reinforcing did not work!

The cavalry arrives.

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 11 months ago #234903 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Caption This
QUICk
Trade it in

LOL
if U gunna have a stuff up

U might as well make it a good one

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
1 year 11 months ago #234904 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Caption This

I wonder how many people carry the welding rods and a piece of shield to be able to attempt the welding task.

Of course if the same person did the field weld as the original weld there isn't much hope.
I suspect the the problem lay more with the Chinese material, rather than the competently of the welder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago #234913 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Caption This
My younger brother bought an old Albion bus, ripped out most of the seats and set off with a few mates to go see central Aus. He took all the gear he thought he would need, which was just as well. Somewhere about half way between Alice and the Rock the input shaft between the clutch and gearbox broke in half.

They pulled it apart and set about welding it back together when the generator had a hernia. Fired up the Albion, hooked the jumper leads up and welded the shaft back together. That lasted until they were back in Winton, when the oil seal finally gave up the ghost and ran the gearbox dry. I found another box and had it shipped out to him via Greyhound, (handy being in the bus industry at the time).

I still have that shaft here somewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 11 months ago #234918 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Caption This
I wonder if you can still send things on buses, it was handy years ago to send almost anything you could man handle anywhere quickly

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 11 months ago #234921 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic Caption This
Paul it would have to be less than seventeen kilos or it would be a two man lift and even if there were two to lift it workplace health and safety would dictate lifting in under a bus wouldn’t be safe

Cheers Bluey

More
1 year 11 months ago #234923 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Caption This
Your probably right Bluey

So if we never lift heavy things do we become weaker, if so do we get to the stage we cant lift our selves ?

Just wondering as I see this happening in nursing homes and the like

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 11 months ago #234925 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Caption This
After my last hiccup with my pump, the Doctor told me I shouldn't lift anything heavier than a nightie. I wish I still remembered what I lifted it for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago #234928 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic Caption This
I think your on the money Paul every time bags of seed fertiliser ect get smaller you notice it for a while by the next lot you get you think these are heavy enough to be throwing about but it might be just losing strength with old age

Bluey

More
1 year 11 months ago #234930 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Caption This
Looks like it has been repaired before Lang, & if that rusty crack is any indication been cracked for a while...!!

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/29741

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds