Skip to main content

our beloved forum is too sanitised

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #157491 by
G'Day all .. like a truck that gets parked up....the rust is setting in on our bloody fantastic forum...

I reckon it's showing signs of being too grown up and "civilised"...to the detriment of your average enthusiast, truckie or boofhead like me.... and a lot of it can be put down to becoming just a little too precious and overtly "family friendly"...

....we are becoming more strangled with all kinds of PC in our daily lives, and with regards to people here not wanting to view a certain topic, the whole rule could well apply to the forum in general....tune out if it disgusts you that much. Underlyingly, we are not a bad bunch of people here but lately we are having to behave like a bunch of bloody nuns! LOL

...a little relaxing of the increasingly stricter forum rules could see a bit more ribaldry and humour here to break up our increasingly stricter lives.....no slanging or petulance...just a bit more good old basic Aussie banter, humour and colour ...

...for the sake of a FUN and entertaining meeting place here, jump in and make a comment fellas... ..cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #157492 by gilly
Easy fix, have to be a paid member to post on the forum. This would allow any author who posts,"questionable comments" etc, to be sanctioned by a lock out for posting for a period.
Either an increase in members, or a lot less posting by key board jockeys.
Gilly

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 1 month ago #157493 by Swishy
Hay Gilly

RE: less posting by key board jockeys

eye represent th@

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 1 month ago #157494 by Mrsmackpaul
Swishy that reminds me of George Jetson pushing out sprockets at Spacely Sprockets

oh my aching finger

LOL

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 years 1 month ago #157495 by ray
G'day Detective, one thing I find a bit odd is that if a group of people are sitting around having a drink and a bit of sh!t stirring starts then everyone has a laugh and joins in, but when the same thing is done on the forum then all of a sudden people want to spit the dummy and leave. It's my opinion ,and mine alone, that maybe people should toughen up a bit, remember the old saying "sticks and stones etc" I have noticed that things have slowed down a bit as far as the forum goes, but hopefully that will change sometime soon and a bit of humour does return. This forum with the assistance and information it provides is too good to lose.

More
9 years 1 month ago #157496 by overnite
Detective. I couldn't agree more. Not only on the forum, but life in general. As mum used to say, " If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". I remember some time ago a perfectly harmless JOKE about a certain ethnic community, and the member was howled down and the joke deleted. I don't think he has been back since.

More
9 years 1 month ago #157497 by 600Dodge
Here, here detective, hopefully some ears are open and we see some changes.

More
9 years 1 month ago #157498 by Dave_64
Re all the above, couldn't agree more. Was beginning to think that the politically correct minority had infiltrated even these broad acres!

Getting that way that you can't even look sideways at anyone without them wanting to slap some sort of law suit on you!

Maybe we need a bit of controversy on the site, stir up the pot so to speak. You know the old saying?
"If you haven't heard a decent rumour by 8 a.m.--Start one!"

Cheers, Dave 64

More
9 years 1 month ago #157499 by 600Dodge
I start work early so its 7am over here.

More
9 years 1 month ago #157500 by overnite

I start work early so its 7am over here.

7am early ? I start at 5am. (Sorry if this is offensive) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds