Skip to main content

Trcuk Art

More
1 month 2 days ago #251327 by husky
Replied by husky on topic Trcuk Art
Hi PDU, just sent you a message on your page and then fund this one on mine, thanks and I was looking and thought the same that I could have a go at drawing B for and see how it turns out, watch this space. cheers keep it up your almost there
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #251329 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Trcuk Art
You obviously have been following my lengthy post, so be aware of the wording on the sides that is on the picture of a "real" INTAVA tanker. Also the inclusion of a cowl light on the driver's side of the cab and the extended steps. Good luck with all that and if you know who the owner of the cream truck in my last post please let him know of my thanks for his inspirational cream wheels. 

Where in England are you located? I came from London and my wife from Cardiff. 

Happy sketching.    
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
1 month 2 days ago #251331 by husky
Hi, PDU, I live just about 20 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne on the east coast. in a small village called Cambois , been following your progress and it's coming along really well. see what I can do, cheers. ps, how do you add a picture to these posts now as it seems to have changed the format slightly?

More
1 month 2 days ago #251332 by husky
Hi Lang, did you get my PM reply?

More
1 month 2 days ago #251333 by husky
It's OK PDU I've figured it out. Use the action button at bottom here and upload as I used to. Cheers.

More
1 month 2 days ago #251335 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Trcuk Art
PDU,
I hope to see you on a HCVCA South Australia run sometime this year.  They are always great weekends.  I also hope to get my three Morris Commercials to the All British Day in the Adelaide Hills on the first Sunday in March next year.  I had high hopes of getting to this year's one but I had too much restoring to finish off.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, PDU

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #251339 by PDU
Having left England when I was not quite 13 I hadn't been very far, in fact furthest north I've ever been was Potters Bar  . My family seemed to head down south to Bournemouth, Brighton, Isle of Wight etc for holidays. So basically about 260 miles from where you are.   

Have fun, and I'll move on to stop any excess chat on YOUR post. 

AND just quickly: It will also be wonderful to actually meet you in the flesh Morris, pictures of your trio would be great too - perhaps on a separate thread . . . 

Don't even know if the Bedford will actually drive very far at the moment, it has been sitting for ages! 
Last edit: 1 month 2 days ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, husky, wee-allis

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #251524 by husky
    Hi , been following PDUs truck restoration over the last few months and he asked if i would have a go at a painting of his project vehicle, well here you are PDU hope you like it if it needs any changes or missing bits give me a shout and i can add more all the best ..hope your mobile soon ,, Husky
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by husky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, V8Ian, wee-allis, PDU and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #251527 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Trcuk Art
Well done, looks how I imagine it will

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, wee-allis

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #251548 by PDU
Nice effort husky, and quick too!

Some minor errors, front bumper bar red not black, top of turret is marginally lower than the cab, style line (cream) on rear is same level as cab (lower edge) and most importantly the turret window covers match the letters (height top to bottom of cover, and edge of the first and last letters match the shape of the turret). 
NB All you guys who might think I'm being picky, I'm not! Hopefully husky appreciates me picking up some of the details and understands that I'm not expecting changes just yet . . .    I'm writing this a wee bit after midnight, having just returned from a weekend away and then having prepared some work for tomorrow's Men Shed Meeting.   
PS Bear with me husky I'll send a private message later this week.   

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds