Skip to main content

My latest Toy: A dodge AT4 with a difference

More
3 years 11 months ago #210428 by Morris
Bparo,
It looks like a beauty. If it was mine, I would look at re-fitting original Dodge wheels. They would be 16 or 17 inch but just might make it more difficult for the "Cheese and Kisses" to climb in or out.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210432 by Lang
Morris

I looked at some in USA last year and you are right, I did see one pregassed. It came with "quick -release" couplings to save loss but was considerably more expensive because of the special lines and fittings. Most do not.

The main thing is in the USA you go to the car parts place and just buy your cans of gas, screw them into the line filler in your car and top up or fill to your heart's content. You only go to aircon people if you have a problem. Slow deterioration in performance type top-ups are do it yourself.

Unfortunately it does not work here and you are stuck with paying someone to do it.

Lang

More
3 years 11 months ago #210445 by bparo
Taller wheels won't fit under the tray. It's also at a very useful height... The tray makes a comfortable seat with my feet still on the ground. The truck is now at the mechanics having a couple of minor things fixed and being prepared to transfer to either Vic rego or CPS (M plates of course)
I do have a couple of questions though
1) does anyone have a power steering box to suit an HZ Holden? We want to fit power steering to it
2) do dodge AT4 cabs have a slight transmission tunnel in them or are they dead flat? This one has a low tunnel and I would hate to buy floor coverings that don't fit

Thanks

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 11 months ago #210458 by PaulFH
Bruce, from memory the AT4 760 had a 2 to 3 inch raised but flat section
to clear the transmission. The rubber mat was molded to suit.
Good shopping, Paul.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210463 by geoffb
Bruce Kerosene when you do the power steering the coupling on the column is different from memory

More
3 years 11 months ago #210464 by Morris
Geoffb.
I thought the nickname was Paracetamol?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
3 years 11 months ago #210477 by bparo
I'm no dope!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 11 months ago #210478 by bparo
thanks for the information everyone. It's currently at the mechanics being gone over as there were a couple of things that passed engineering but didn't look right (brake line rubbing on steering column for one) so all that stuff is going to be tidied up to make it safe and reliable

More
3 years 11 months ago #210493 by cobbadog
The a/c unit I was looking at advised that it would need to be gassed up and that is the simple part, doing the instal and climbing around under the dash I consider the tricky bit then mounting the compressor, condensor and dryer in the correct position.
As for the seat, it is a small bench seat and yes I could change the upholstery to be a single seat but the main thing I was aiming for was for the passenger side seat to tilt forward. So maybe a couple of hunges and a catch system is needed.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210499 by overnite
From memory I thought the back of the seat on anAT4 did hinge forward. IDSTBC

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds