More
3 years 2 months ago #219041 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Mrs Mack
I’ll choose what fills the bra thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219056 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Mrs Mack
I quickly learned that the Bra is to lift and seperate..... ......me from them.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 2 months ago #219060 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Mrs Mack
LOL

H.E.S.T.I.A.

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
3 years 2 months ago #219073 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Mrs Mack
Holds every size .......................

More
3 years 2 months ago #219551 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Mrs Mack
I haven't forgotten you all but I'm having as heck of a time trying to reply

So after I got the lid back on the box I chucked my trusty 20 liter drum for a seat and took Mrs Mack for a drive to prove all was tickety boo before putting t hge seats and floor back in

I felt like I could of been one of the Yanky truck drivers that cruise around sitting on the floor, minus the gear stick touching the roof

So next on to the leaking power steering
Pulled it apart and had to wait for the oil seal, dust seal and speedi sleeve to arrive

Was going to be 4 or 5 days

So chucked it all back together and decided it was time to tackle the float

Many years ago, at a guesd 15 or there abouts I had the pins fixed up like new in the folding part of the float
Cost about the U.S. deficit to get done and like most jobs blew way out over budget

However even spending all that coin didn't get the good result as some how the front sat 6 inches off the ground when unfolded
The rest of the job was perfect though
Anyway the pins were to a fine tolerance and as the float doesnt get used a lot and the grease had gone hard the folding part wasnt exactly smooth
So I remove the grease nipples and used 1/4 " drill bit to get as much dry grease out as possible I then rigged up my doohikie diesel injection gizmo and with the aid of a old air tank, some taps and some small air line and a fitting I forced diesel in while folding the goose neck up and down

There is at a rough count about 30 grease nipples to be done, luckily I had nothing better to do that day

Once all of these were done I then greased them until just new grease was coming thru

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, grandad

More
3 years 2 months ago #219553 by Mrsmackpaul
I then took Mrs Mack out on the street and placed one side up on the gutter so I could give her a good bath

To me it was a genius plan, all the grease and what not gets washed away and I dont have to lay in the dirt

In reality all I did was freeze my bum off and did a half assed job

So called it a night

Mean while I decided to change a relay valve in the ass end, as quick as I changed this one the other one started leaking
So fixed that and the range change on the box started leaking

I was chasing my tail and decided to try and get some correct coloured air line to tidy the job on gear box

Apparently 1/4 air line of any colour can only be bought in 100 meter rolls
I eventually got hold of a mob in Melbourne that have 20 meter rolls if something happened to the forming of the roll and they will sell the good parts in 20 meter sections
They only had green and yellow so I ordered 20 meters of each

While I was waiting for that to arrive I decided to look into a leaking Maxi chamber
Turned out it was rusted thru but I decided to replace all 4 as I had pumped oil in all 4 of them

Also while doing this the locking doohickies on the slack adjusters had never worked right since I bought the Mack
The grease had always been dry and prevented the lock from just popping out
So I removed the slack adjusters and wire wheeled them clean
I then screw the end off a grease gun onto the end of air operated diesel injection doohickie
I forced diesel thru them whilstspinning them with the rattle gun, I did this until the old grease stopped coming out

This worked amazingly well and they are now as good as new

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, oliver1950

More
3 years 2 months ago #219556 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Mrs Mack
Nice one PAul, the Mrs is looking great too. Good idea for cleaning out the old grease.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #219562 by Mrsmackpaul
So I then typed out this reply but it vanished so having another crack at it

The winch had a oil leak that puked oil out all over the place and while this wasnt a terrible leak it looks shocking as all the dirt and dust sticks to it and all the dogs and chains and pipes etc that live under the winch are always covered in this horrible sticky crap so replaced a few O rings and that greatly reduced the leaking on the left hand side of the winch , there is still a timy leak on the right hand side but it can wait a bit longer

I was still waiting for the coloured air line to arive so I had a genius moment, yes I do have them and decided th ast parking Mrs Mack up on the float would allow me much better access for cleaning and the like

This worked so much better than the street and a lot less chance of upsetting any over zealous person

I could get right in underneath easier and squirt further than ever before and do a much more thoughr job

I spent hours and hours slowly working my way along tthe passenger side, pretty much a whole day, I have never been this particular in my life but it is strangely for filling and gave me enjoyment, this is very very weird for me

So I decided that enough was enough and was quickly blowing crap of the outside of the truck when it happened

Mrs Mack sprung a leak in her fuel tank

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH

More
3 years 2 months ago #219564 by Mrsmackpaul
I quickly turned both tanks off and got some big blocks of wood ready to jerry cans etc on while I drained the tank

With the aid of the Princesses thumb I put all the fuel from one tank into the other and removed the tank

The next day I vented the tank with a air line dangling in it and and going flat out and after at a guess 10 minutes started welding up the hole and all the other holes that appeared while I welded this one up

I then refitted the tank and no leaks

The airline finally arrived, I wont lie, I had given up hope of ever seeing it but apparently it was coming after all

So have changed some lines for the gear stick and removed at a guess half a dozen joiners with just 4 or maybe 5 meters of airline
There is still a air leak behind the dash so I will tackle that today and call it done, hopefully

Those of you that can remember back far enough I said this would only take a week or so, well some times things get out of hand and I have left quite a lot of small stuff out of here
Like removing the grease plate and repairing the grease lines
Replacing the power steering seals and pulling it apart, because I'm so useless that took me a day just to get the new seal over the step on the shaft with out it catching
Adjusting linkages better.
Fixing all manner of little things along the way

But also note I said Miss Molly the border collie and I are going to........

Well apparently hunting rabbits and sleeping and been a dog is far more important than helping me
She really needs to have a good look at herself as just been a dog isnt really helping me lol
So clearly she is to blame for the over run on time

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 2 months ago #219565 by Mrsmackpaul

Mrsmackpaul wrote: It's a bit of stuffing around pulling the lid on the transmission but easier than pulling a fuel tank off and dropping the box out

So once the seats and the special custom floor was opened up it didn't take long to pressure clean the top and lift the lid off, it will take considerably longer to get the lid back on

Any how, the bolts were all still tight and the oil pumping compressor was the cause and my poor maintenance has forced the issue

Paul

Well its been so long I forgot this bit
I did pull the lid and air rams completely apart to be as far as I can be 100% sure that everything is ok in there and it was

The real challenge is getting the lid back on
So those few things took a full day to achiece

The autopro shop in town love me at the moment buying stuff at a unprecedented rate

So I ended up getting a mirror on a stick and a thin LED torch and insulation tape and a piece of fencing wire to just get the lid to sit back on correctly
I have no idea how I ever did this on the side of the road once
I was much younger and more flexible I think

And the tired out worker, I mean I'm up, whats the story with you girl ?

Paul

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wouldyou, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.660 seconds