Skip to main content

§wishy ............ The KENWORTH ‘S’ Model Truck & me

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 2 months ago #231648 by Swishy
Seed
after Govt decided all trailers needed registratrion they told us as we run dollys we need to register the primemover as 'B' doubles
I said they are nothing like a 'B' double also we don't have 'B' double licence .. send in licence and we will reissue as 'B' license
so if it's registered as 'B' we might as well set up as a 'B' we only used it a cuple of times as the total Tare weight was against us
after few years they informed us no need to be registered as a 'B' double and we actually got a cheque in the mail the difference for 4 years x 4 trucks

Terry
gudday m8
In a word Yes
they what we call outriggers they are hinged to swing out and you grab the 2 center loose fitting deck boards and place on the outriggers to
give a deck area of 10' wide x 20' long

Also the rear box sections between the wheels slide out to 10'

Yes it is the Swiss Army knife of Low Loaders
LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, Brocky45, Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231649 by JOHN.K.
When the float driver isnt used to Cat artic graders,and cuts the whole wall out of a tandem tire with the corner bit of the blade.......and then says it was like that before I loaded it.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #231650 by Swishy
LOL
Not guilty u're honor
we set m ded straight by running our eye along the side with all 3 walls of the tyres in line
then load by only useing the front steer of the grader as the tracking gauge in the grader cab is not acurate enuff
LOL
cya

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Swishy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #231651 by overnite
Swishy, from memory if you run a dolly in NSW you must have a B double licence.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231652 by Dave_64
That must have been introduced since 'B' doubles came into popular use, wouldn't it?
Dollies for float work had been around in NSW for many years, although perhaps you may have had to have your licence endorsed as 'double-articulated'
Same thing, just different wording? IDSTBC
Somehow remember you could transfer your Army drivers licence over to civilian back then, they had provision for 'double-articulated'.
Dave_64

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #231653 by Swishy
Overnite
Gudday m8
I'm not saying that all New South Welshmen are weidos
But
Don't you also have it th@ if the gooseneck on a Low Loader is capable of carrying a load on the gooseneck then it cannot get extra loading
as an indivisable item ... thats why there were many trailers made with fold up or removerable side decks on the G/neck

Cogs may be rite
Now thinking NSW requires a special endorsement for driving a Low Loader or Heavy Haulage etc
we run 3 different types of dollys
1st is the fully articulated that turns on the trucks 5th wheel as double articulated

2nd is the close cuple dolly that is secured to the truck via 5th wheel but dose not turn it converts the truck to a tri axle
we go 18.5t as a tandem drive or 25t on the drive dolly group with the close cuple dolly

Fast self loading or unloading the dolly
Clikity ................. ClikClikClik

3rd type of dolly can be used 2 ways either as a close cuple dolly at 25t over the drive dolly group
or a long spread dolly that turns on truck at 31t over the drive dolly group

cya

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Inter-Action, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #231658 by overnite
Not really sure Swishy, it’s just that I’m almost certain that I read somewhere lately that running a dolly in NSW requires B double licence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 2 months ago #231663 by hayseed

Not really sure Swishy, it’s just that I’m almost certain that I read somewhere lately that running a dolly in NSW requires B double licence.

You are Correct, Overnite..

www.nsw.gov.au/topics/driver-and-rider-l...d-conditions/classes

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #231668 by 600Dodge
If nsw can get more money out of anyone be enforcing anything they do it. I dont think nsw is alone though, Ive always had an MC license but I;m pretty sure WA requires an MC license if you run a dolly with a float, I know for sure they do if you are towing a dolly behind another trailer but in SA you can do this on HC.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231677 by Mrsmackpaul
Swishman the bigger dolly looks to habe a hole for every possible king pin location, or maybe Im not seeing it correctly

If I am how do you know which hole to aim for ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds