Skip to main content

* * * Manure Happenz * * *

12 years 3 months ago #57494 by
Replied by on topic Re: * * * Manure Happenz * * *
TI - Maybe a bit of pidgin, like "himfella all bugger-up?", might have made you look like someone who knew what he was looking at, and talking about?? .. :D ;D

Of course, Nissan don't want to know about this photo .. the event never happened .. the pictures have been Photoshopped .. and that truck doesn't have "Nissan" across the front of it! .. :D ;D

Just makes ya glad it wasn't a Nissan tourist bus you were riding in, at 100 kmh, when this happened, eh? :o

I wonder how he managed to pull up without spreading the brake pistons and shoes all over the road? He obviously never touched the brakes.
Perhaps he hasn't used the brakes at all, for the last 1000 kms? .. because they never worked, anyway?? .. :o ::) :D ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #57495 by Tired Iron
Hey OT-I resemble that first remark!
Somebody on here mentioned some time ago a wagon that looked like it had been panel beaten with an axe.
Well there's two TK (?) Bedfords plying the highway here that both fit that description. I'll try to get some pix, but truly, just staying alive on the highways here is a big enough ask without trying to take pics.

12 years 3 months ago #57496 by
Yes, indeed .. staying alive on SE Asian roads and "highways" is truly an art that has to be experienced to be believed.

More
12 years 3 months ago #57497 by bigcam
Ah well, you've conquored the black art of posting a picture now. LOL.

More
12 years 3 months ago #57498 by mike garrett
Kind of a large Nissan to have hydralic brake's isn't it?

12 years 3 months ago #57499 by
Mike - A lot of Jap trucks still use air over hydraulic brakes. I guess it's either because they give a better brake feel, or because they're cheaper to build than full air brakes.
I hate to think what the availability or price of that hub is. I've seen current model Nissan Civilian buses held up for weeks because of a lack of parts .. and the cost when they finally arrived, made BMW parts look cheap by comparison.

More
12 years 3 months ago #57500 by bigcam
All the asian countries are happy using hydraulic brakes and transmission handbrakes.

The Jap imports of the smaller Jap trucks like the CM86 (in Japan) with vacuum/hydraulic brakes, were as the Australian models CMA 86 had air/hydraulic brakes with a maxi brake hand brake I believe are very sub standard when compared to what the manufacturers had to do to get compliance in Australia in the first place. I only used the UD as an example, but all the Jap brands have what is a considerably cheaper spec for asia.

We built a tilt tray on a new Isuzu for New Guinea a few years ago, the new Isuzu asian spec had the old model cab and engine. At least this particular one had air brakes.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #57501 by bigcam
Just saw this one on the You Tube
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bigcam.

12 years 3 months ago #57502 by
Was sent this the other day. :-/

More
12 years 3 months ago #57503 by V8Ian

An earth strap is a critical part of pumping fuel, and if you watch a fuel tanker driver, they attach a strap before they even unroll a single hose.

Sorry onetrack, you're wrong. The hose is also the earth.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds