Skip to main content

* * * Manure Happenz * * *

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 3 months ago #57484 by Swishy

Bad habit by sum to indicate to 'please pass me' iz to put the right indicator on
n not kno n the driver iz actually gunna turn right

Silly buggr if he seen a truck barrelin down on him he shoulda pulled ovr to the left to get rid of the Rd train
n then do his turn
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #57485 by jeffo

Bad habit by sum to indicate to 'please pass me' iz to put the right indicator on
n not kno n the driver iz actually gunna turn right
[ch9787]

Yes a very stupid habit, but I see it every day performed by drivers who should know better.
THINK.

12 years 3 months ago #57486 by
Replied by on topic Re: * * * Manure Happenz * * *
G'day all

Over here in the UK the complete opposite is accepted as normal, and it appears to be quite safe :-

One Flash on LEFT indicator, (which is often repeated after 100m or so) means 'Please Pass Me'.

Cheers
RS :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #57487 by jimbo51
Well here it meant something's coming, keep your nose in.

It's a wonder we haven't killed more Poms on our highways!

More
12 years 3 months ago #57488 by bparo
A fresh pile of manure from the USA. Sent to me by a friend who is a truck driver working a louisville that is old enough to be on club plates [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

[media]
[/media] [smiley=bath.gif]

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 3 months ago #57489 by ozfarm
the road train that is know destroyed, has been doing bin transfers thanks to our highly intelligent govt decision to close tier 3 rail lines

having seen the truck, it was fairly new and well maintained, so there must have been a reason for him to overtake the whacko, also know the driver of the whacko, who is a retired truck driver and a careful 1 at that

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #57490 by greenie

A fresh pile of manure from the USA. Sent to me by a friend who is a truck driver working a louisville that is old enough to be on club plates

Check out the 2 minute 33 secs mark, Ipswich Rd Goodna about two years ago.

Looks like who-ever made that clip, did a trawl of the web for that lot.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 3 months ago #57491 by prodrive
I know it's easy to blame the fella in the old banga for incorrect blinker etc. (and don't forget this is PURELY AN OPINION, as I know NOTHING really about what happened)
but i'm pretty sure we should all be driving along as if the "old bucket of bolts in front could do ANYTHING"... we should assume the worst can, and will happen, at any time...
Years ago, riding around a certain Asian country on a motorbike, you simply had to ride with the fact in mind that ANYTHING could come the other way at any time, in any direction, Otherwise, ... you might be in the right, but you'd still probably die...
I reckon this is the attitude we should have every day. But here, people just ASSUME that because the light is green, or the fellows blinker is on, then they are safe. Not so, as we can see......
I know we get complacent, but also things like cruise control etc mean that by the time the fella in the RT has looked up and taken action, the truck has done another 100 yards down the road at full tilt...
Anyway, just hate seeing things like this happen, they really are avoidable, if we drive like we should.
** once again PLEASE don't take this to mean I'm making any statements about what happened, I'm not!
Cheers and safe driving!
Richard

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #57492 by Rusty Engines
I have done lots of driving most of it not in trucks and even more on motor bikes and one thing I was taught 40+ years when learning to ride a bike is that it does not matter what the road rules say, what the sign says, what colour the lights are it does not mean you have right away and never take or demand it if you want to stay upright
I have been driving/riding this way was since
Believe me there were lots of times when I was in a larger vehicle (bus) I could of said
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Rusty Engines.

More
12 years 3 months ago #57493 by Tired Iron

Greetings from Malaysia, where I just happened to have my camera with me when I saw this.
Grappling with this upload/download/sideload/inter webby/bucket thing, and hope I haven't sent the same pics three times.
My head hurts trying to post pics-sorry.
However-his English was about as good as my Bahasa Malay. He kept saying "Hub, hub" and I kept saying "Yer, yer".
Lucky guy-imagine if the weld had failed while he was barelling down the highway.
The left hand turn might have just been one too many.

Makes you wonder though-is there any way you can check this?
You also wonder what exact size BFH was used to change bearings in the past.
Rest assured this wagon would have done a lot of miles, and hard ones at that.

Trying to get myself and old Dad to Allora on the Saturday.
Cam, ignore any previous emails I sent you on this. Hope to catch up and say g'day Saturday.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.613 seconds