Skip to main content

Louies......Wheres all ya Louies

More
12 years 5 months ago #65746 by greenie

Where did all those LE Louisville Kentuckies go to? :-? Supposed to be 50 of them? Did Ford actually sell 50 of them? :-?
I've never seen one before in my life? Never even seen a picture of one?? :(

There was one doing container work from the rail at Acacia Ridge here in Brisbane. Haven't seen it for a while though, it still had the original paint ( dark reddish brown - aka - turd coloured ) and them little Shetland ponies painted up on the top of the sleeper.

Big Cam might know where some are now located, he seems to haunt most of the truck wreckers yards in the S.E. of Qld. ;D

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65747 by hayseed

Where did all those LE Louisville Kentuckies go to? :-? Supposed to be 50 of them? Did Ford actually sell 50 of them? :-?
I've never seen one before in my life? Never even seen a picture of one?? :(
Yet, the LE Mack Superliner bi-centennials are known, seen, photographed, and fairly easily found?? .. and there's only 16 of them? .. :-?

I know of several that were painted out of the maroon, into fleet colours from new.
There was an original Maroon one on Graysonline a while ago,made VERY GOOD money from memory.
I'm pretty sure "old dog" can tell us about one of them.
But I'd guess they're thin on the ground by now, They'd be 20-21 yrs old by My reckoning....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 5 months ago #65748 by Scummy
On friday i saw a kentucky leaving smithfield heading north up the cumberland hwy still in marron colours with a big load of timber on board .
Here's a photo i took of a lnt in a scrap yard in town here , no they dont wreck trucks but not long after i took the photo it disapeared ?

More
12 years 5 months ago #65749 by Young Fella
I have spotted a couple of LTL Kentuckys around Melbourne, saw one a couple of months ago that had been repainted in different shades of green. But it had the 'Kentucky' and horse stickers on the bonnet. I spoke to the owner, he has had it since new. When he bought it, it was high spec. It was cheaper for him to buy the Kentucky than it would have been to start from scratch and spec it up himself, even after he had it repainted. I wonder how many more of them have been repainted? That might explain why you don't see them around much.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65750 by hayseed
Scummy, that old "Bowports allroads" (I think) LNT has an unusaul air intake.. At least I've never seen one like it!!

The main reason, I reckon most of those Kentucky's got painted out of the Maroon from new.
Is, In 1991 Australia was in the midst of Paul keating's "This the recession Australia HAD to have".
Truck sales (& the entire economy was in the Toilet)

Interest rates were in excess of 20%. :'( :'( If you got approved!!!
The Blokes Ford thought'd buy 'em could'nt get approved!!
So in order to shift them, They painted them to customers orders.

I Might have to add an unmolested LTL Kentucy to My list of "future collectibles" ;) ;)

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 5 months ago #65751 by Scummy
And now for the most talked about LNT louie , i can't remember where i got this or stole it from ,so i didnt take the following photo but i'll put it up here .
:P

More
12 years 5 months ago #65752 by Scummy
G,day hayseed , yer its an old bowports . Someone made up the custom induction panels , see below a straight on photo .

More
12 years 5 months ago #65753 by hayseed
Thanks Scummy.Whoever he was he did a good job. On those air intakes...

Anyone got a Photo of the Cabover LNT, when it was Black??????????

& where did it end up????????

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 5 months ago #65754 by Chocs
I got one here somewhere 'Seed..
I think it ended up at daylesford truck wreckers

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 5 months ago #65755 by Cunning Stunt
Nice thread Chocs! I've posted these before but due to the interest in these old girls, here they are again

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds